Posted at 11:33 AM ET, 06/29/2010

9-week-old puppies snatched from yard

By Washington Post editors

The Charles County Sheriff's Office is looking into who took two 9-week-old American Bulldog puppies from the back yard of a Waldorf home.

The owner of the home told authorities that the puppies were left in the yard sometime between 5 and 11 p.m. June 19. A six-foot privacy fence encloses the back yard, and the victim told police that there was no way the puppies could have escaped on their own.

Samson, top, and Stoney were reported stolen from Waldorf on June 29, 2010. (Charles County Sheriff)

The female puppy, Stoney, is described as being white and brindle in color. Her right front paw is white and her last toenail on her left front paw is black. The male puppy, Samson, is described as mostly white with brindle patches on his left eyes and paws.

Anyone with information about the theft is asked to contact the Charles County Sheriff’s Office at 301-932-2222 or Charles County Crime Solvers at 1-866-411-TIPS. Crime Solvers is offering a reward.

By Washington Post editors  | June 29, 2010; 11:33 AM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Donors save SoberRide for July 4th
Next: Not guilty verdicts in Wone case

Comments

I hope that someone makes sure that these pups are returned to their home as soon as possible. These are like infants that have bonded to their family and need their owner. There are many puppies in the pound that need a home and love.

Posted by: 2b4travis | June 29, 2010 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Maybe we can hire the man who defended himself against an intruder in Forrestville to hunt down and dispatch the puppy snatcher like he did to the home invader. Works for me.

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | June 29, 2010 12:10 PM | Report abuse

I wish people would learn to not leave their beloved pets in the backyard for any amount of time. My dog is never left alone out there. I am always watching her so no one can steal her or poison her or whatever they might have planned. It is just common sense.

Posted by: TG10 | June 29, 2010 12:21 PM | Report abuse

TG10 is right. Never leave your dog outside alone. When we lived in NE DC, our neighbors had their very sweet pit bull puppy stolen from their yard in broad daylight. Since dog fighting is popular in the area, I shudder to think what happened to that dog.

Posted by: WickedRose | June 29, 2010 12:40 PM | Report abuse

Dog fighters steal dogs of all breeds to use as "bait" (i.e., practice) for fighting dogs - a truly horrific fate. So if anyone ever comes onto my property and tries to steal my dog, I will not hesitate to end their life right then and there.

Posted by: VirginiaDad | June 29, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

I feel sad for these puppies and sad for the family. But who leaves two puppies unattended in the yard for SIX HOURS? Regardless of the six foot fence, leaving the puppies alone for that length of time is irresponsible.

Posted by: dgilday | June 29, 2010 7:25 PM | Report abuse