Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 6:44 AM ET, 01/ 4/2011

Two men killed in Prince George's

By Debbi Wilgoren

Two men were killed overnight in separate incidents in Prince George's County, police said Tuesday, boosting the number of slayings in the county to three in the first days of 2011.

Details were scarce, but police Cpl. Evan Baxter said that in both cases officers responded to a reported sound of gunshots and found a man fatally injured. Both men were pronounced dead immediately.

The first slaying occurred about 12:30 a.m. in the 3900 block of Bexley Place in Suitland, Baxter said. Bexley Place is a short, dead-end road just east of St. Barnabas Road, originating from Old Branch Avenue. A banquet hall called the Upscale Ballroom is located there. Baxter said police are investigating whether the slaying was connected to an event at the hall earlier in the evening.

About 2:30 a.m., police were again summoned for the sound of gunshots, this time to the 7200 block of Crafford Place in Fort Washington, Baxter said. Again, a man was found slain. Crafford Place, too, is a dead-end street, part of a residential complex. It is about six miles south of the site of the earlier slaying.

Police did not release the name of either dead man or indicate whether the slayings might be related. The first slaying of the year in Prince George's County was a stabbing in Chillum on New Year's Day. Overall, homicides declined 4 percent in Prince George's County last year, with a total of 96 people killed.

By Debbi Wilgoren  | January 4, 2011; 6:44 AM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Write your own headline
Next: A.M. headlines around the D.C. region

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company