Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 5:11 PM ET, 12/19/2010

1 dead after carbon monoxide leak

By The Associated Press

A D.C. fire official says a man is dead and two women were sickened by high levels of carbon monoxide in their home.

D.C. Fire and EMS spokesman Pete Piringer says a woman called 911 around 2 p.m. Sunday from a rowhouse on Warder St. Northwest and said she was having trouble breathing.

When emergency workers arrived the woman was disoriented and they detected high levels of carbon monoxide inside the home. Piringer says a woman found upstairs was unconscious and man found in the basement was unconscious and not breathing. He says the man was pronounced dead at the home.

Piringer says the likely cause of the high carbon monoxide levels is a malfunctioning furnace in the basement. High levels of carbon monoxide were not found in neighboring homes.

By The Associated Press  | December 19, 2010; 5:11 PM ET
Categories:  DC  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: A few of your favorite Tweeps
Next: Worker stabbed at NE drug store

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company