Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 1:51 PM ET, 01/ 9/2011

1 dead from carbon monoxide

By The Associated Press

A Washington fire spokesman says one man is dead and two women were sickened by carbon monoxide in their district home.

Fire spokesman Pete Piringer says a woman called Sunday to say she was having trouble breathing and when crews arrived they found high levels of carbon dioxide in the home on Warder St. NW.

Piringer says a woman found upstairs was unconscious and a man who was found in the basement was unconscious pronounced dead at the home. The fire spokesman said a malfunctioning furnace was the likely cause and high levels of carbon monoxide were not found in neighboring homes.

By The Associated Press  | January 9, 2011; 1:51 PM ET
Categories:  DC  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Suspicious object near White House
Next: Police: Driver shot after crash

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company