Posted at 10:55 AM ET, 09/23/2010

14 in D.C.-area on Forbes' 'Richest' list

By Washington Post editors

Bill Gates and Warren Buffett remain the richest individuals in America, according to the 2010 Forbes 400 list, which also includes 14 Washington-area billionaires, The Washington Business Journal reports.

The highest ranking local individuals are John Mars and Forest Mars Jr. The candy magnates tie for No. 26 on this year’s list, each with an estimated net worth of $10 billion.

Ted Lerner is ranked No. 110 on this year’s list. Through real estate investments and the Washington Nationals, Lerner has a net worth of $3 billion, according to Forbes.

To read more about the 14 Washingtonians who made the Forbes list go to the Washington Business Journal.

By Washington Post editors  | September 23, 2010; 10:55 AM ET
Categories:  DC, Maryland, Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Settlement reached in Bay Bridge lawsuit
Next: Gray meeting with Holder, Rhee

Comments

If there is a Poorest List, I wonder if there will be any from DC.

Posted by: eunicedelrosario | September 23, 2010 12:23 PM | Report abuse

Responding to the comment, "If there is a Poorest List, I wonder if there will be any from DC".

What you do mean by poorest list? Poorest billionaire or the poorest person in the USA? DC has it share of poor folk..and if you are living on the streets, eating handouts, I would save you are among the poorest individuals in the nation.

Of course, we have poorest counties, poorest states, etc, but as far as poorest individual, I think there would be lots of ties among individuals across our nation.

Posted by: Kay9 | September 23, 2010 5:59 PM | Report abuse

Of all the horrors that come with poverty the lack of hope would be the worst, so let me be poor in DC before anywhere else.

Posted by: bschaper | September 23, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse

@bschaper Poorest in every sense of the word. I think DC might top the list.

Posted by: eunicedelrosario | September 24, 2010 9:24 AM | Report abuse