Posted at 10:57 PM ET, 03/20/2010

Immigration reform march set for Sunday

By Eric Athas

Thousands of people representing a broad spectrum of religious, labor and civil rights groups are expected here Sunday by organizers of a series of events that focus on a call for immigration reform.

The demonstrations are expected as part of what organizers call a March for America. Events are to include a rally on the National Mall, a march to RFK Stadium, and an interfaith prayer service on the mall.

The prayer service has been scheduled for 1 p.m. with the rally and march an hour later.

Rally organizers have estimated that the total crowd could number in the tens of thousands making the demonstrations among the largest here in months.

--Martin Weil

By Eric Athas  | March 20, 2010; 10:57 PM ET
Categories:  DC  | Tags:  immigration, march, reform
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Thousands march in D.C. war protest
Next: Metro says thefts of electronic devices rise

Comments

I hope they pray that the illegals will go back home.

Posted by: kenk3 | March 21, 2010 12:02 AM | Report abuse

How 'bout you march all the way back home.

Stop the invasion.

Deportation is mighty fine.

Posted by: Tupac_Goldstein | March 21, 2010 12:28 AM | Report abuse

America and it's free room service for those illegal aliens and immigration has to stop now or nver see our glory again.
Fact, Blacks are mostly extinct in 2 decades, Whites in 4 decades, and the rest except them latinos survive this albatross invasion by illegals.
Now, let me pray they March them tacos out of here and their families too back to whence they originated.

Posted by: foxxmacpryor | March 21, 2010 6:34 AM | Report abuse

Meant to say in my earlier post that "the latinos will be the only ones/group left in America if this trend of amnesty for illegal immigrants continue unabated" and all the people who made this country great mainly whites and blacks are done in 40 years of any prosperity.

Posted by: foxxmacpryor | March 21, 2010 6:41 AM | Report abuse

Don't just complain -- Fight Back! Visit www.numbersusa.org TODAY and learn how you can help fight the pro-illegal alien amnesty planned by the Obama administration. They will be reporting their web hits to the 99 percent pro-illegal alien media and want to get more hits today than there are illegals marching and chanting in Washington today.

visit www.numbersusa.org TODAY!

Posted by: MaryJessel | March 21, 2010 10:21 AM | Report abuse

foxxmacpryor ... you are such a redneck .. hahaha ...

See you guys @ the march ;) ...

Posted by: InAlexaVA | March 21, 2010 10:45 AM | Report abuse

Calling everyone who opposes Illegal alien amnesty racist is a joke. If everyone here is racist why live here?

Instead of ICE searching for illegals in work places they have a golden opportunity to round everyone at the rally and send them back home.

Posted by: optimist_10 | March 21, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

¡Advertencia!
Estás intrusos en este país y no son bienvenidos aquí. Volver a su país del tercer mundo y hacer que se hagan cargo de you.Repeat que no son bienvenidos aquí a casa antes de que te quitan por la fuerza.

Posted by: scon101 | March 21, 2010 11:17 AM | Report abuse

The march is a perfect display of democracy, passion, and commitment to reaffirming the vision of our great country as a land of opportunity. Immigrants built America and they worked together to make it strong. In blue collars and in lab coats, immigrants continue to make us strong.

I speak no other language but English and I support Comprehensive Immigration Reform that includes a path to legalization for the undocumented. I am white and I support Comprehensive Immigration Reform that includes a path to legalization for the undocumented. Only one of my four grandparents was born outside of the US and I support Comprehensive Immigration Reform that includes a path to legalization for the undocumented. I have voted in every election since I was 18 years old and I support Comprehensive Immigration Reform that includes a path to legalization for the undocumented.

I am proud of the thousands of immigration supporters marching on the mall today. I will join them at 2pm to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Posted by: jlevy2 | March 21, 2010 11:46 AM | Report abuse

We do not need immigration reform.

We need immigration enforcement.

I have had enough of illegal aliens being presented in this newspaper as poor, downtrodden "immigrants" deprived of their rights.

Illegal aliens are breaking the law by being here, and rather than assimilating or contributing, they are conning the system, demanding special treatment.

We don't want the United States to become a Third World country.

March all right -- march the illegals back from whence they came.

Posted by: wmpowellfan | March 21, 2010 12:12 PM | Report abuse

Good afternoon,

I am opposed to illegal immigration, and also opposed to any amnesty for any illegal alien. I agree with the poster who cited NumbersUSA. Please visit NumbersUSA and register your disapproval with those who wish an amnesty for the illegal alien law breakers.

No amnesty for any illegal aliens, and no election, or reelection for those who advocate otherwise.

Posted by: jnrentz@aol.com | March 21, 2010 1:37 PM | Report abuse