Posted at 2:00 PM ET, 10/ 2/2010

2 killed in overnight D.C. shootings

By J. Freedom du Lac

D.C. police say two men were killed in overnight shootings in Washington.

Police say officers heard gunshots in the 5300 block of Dix Street in Northeast Washington about 12:30 a.m. Saturday. They found Angelo Jones of Northeast Washington suffering from gunshot wounds. Jones, 31, was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Separately, officers responded to the 1100 block of First Place in Northwest Washington for a reported shooting about 2:05 a.m. Saturday. They found Jonathan Johnson of Southeast Washington lying with gunshot wounds. Johnson, 19, also died at a hospital.

Detectives from the police homicide branch are investigating the shootings.

-- J. Freedom du Lac

By J. Freedom du Lac  | October 2, 2010; 2:00 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, DC
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Possible measles exposure at National
Next: Bedbugs reported at USAID building

Comments

And why would I want to live in DC?????

Even if I were white and rich I would not WANT to live there...maybe across the bridge in Rosslyn, but not DC...A sad thing to say since I graduated from a DC high school...

Posted by: pentagon40 | October 2, 2010 3:28 PM | Report abuse

And why would I want to live in DC?????

Posted by: pentagon40 | October 2, 2010 3:30 PM | Report abuse

I Blame these dumb irresponsible parents who needs to be held accountable for having a kid an not knowing how to raise them. Sad to say I moved from DC about a year ago after living in DC for over 20 years... I even thought about moving back but because of all these dumb, immature, hopeless, drug addicted young men who have no respect for life I probably will not move back. I knew DC was in trouble when I went visited a DC high school and I seen the new crop of young men who all looked like Lil Wayne ugh:( and they cared more about a rep and acting ignorant then getting an education.

Posted by: pusha-d | October 2, 2010 10:05 PM | Report abuse

What a v_cious and v_olent c_lture.

Posted by: jab00 | October 3, 2010 9:20 AM | Report abuse

slow night

Posted by: OldSalt8 | October 3, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

Not really. There was also one other fatal shooting and at least 6 more injured by gunfire last night.

About average for a weekend. A little on the busy side for a single night.

Posted by: johnqpublic1 | October 3, 2010 2:58 PM | Report abuse