Posted at 10:37 AM ET, 06/23/2010

Thieves target Vincent Gray's home

By Washington Post editors

First they went after D.C. Mayor Adrian M. Fenty’s bikes. Now it appears burglars have tried to break into the home of his chief rival in the mayoral race, reporter Tim Craig tells us over at the D.C. Wire.

Someone tried to break into the Hillcrest home of D.C. Council Chairman Vincent C. Gray through a basement window Tuesday while the chairman was out campaigning. Gray was summoned home after the alarm sounded, Gray spokeswoman Traci Hughes said.

Two bikes were taken from an open garage of Fenty's Crestwood home earlier this month.

By Washington Post editors  | June 23, 2010; 10:37 AM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, DC
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Horse dead in Colesville barn collapse
Next: Va. charter school committee to meet

Comments

Testing response times in order to make fools of the two opponents perhaps?

Posted by: kahlua87 | June 23, 2010 10:53 AM | Report abuse

buy a video camera

Posted by: Fatmanny | June 23, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

I'd find out where Ronald Moten and his youngins were when all of this happened.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | June 23, 2010 11:05 AM | Report abuse

Mr. Gray please be very careful and be watchful. Not only for you but for your family. My gut feelings tell me that this is going to be a very nasty and hateful race.

I just said on this blog one day ago that Mr. Gray should be careful. After reading the article about Ronald Moten, I would not be surprised of anything. Ronald stated in the article that Mr. Gray is afraid of him. We can take that several ways. Fenty and others are afraid of losing the mayor race, and I personally feel that they will do almost anything to try not let that happen.

Posted by: samvped205 | June 23, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

With that said, enough about who is trying to break in Gray's home. I want to know who is committing domestic violence up at the mayor's home. One of the Fenty's is catching a beatdown!

Posted by: JUDGEWRIGHT1 | June 23, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse