Posted at 4:05 PM ET, 07/16/2010

"Wreckage" from the earthquake

By Washington Post editors

The nation's capital has taken some gentle ribbing over its reaction -- some said overreaction -- to the "Quake of 2010," as one Washington Post reporter dubbed it. But never let it be said we lack a sense of humor.

Below, tongue-in-cheek "documentation" of the wreckage, courtesy of Brightest Young Things (photo is actually from a June quake in Canada).

Oh, the humanity.

By Washington Post editors  | July 16, 2010; 4:05 PM ET
Categories:  DC, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Raising funds like a candidate
Next: D.C. is smart, but is it honest? 5 fun blogs

Comments

Never forget 7/16! Join our facebook group to show support for victims of DC's worst earthquake here:

Posted by: pheared | July 16, 2010 6:42 PM | Report abuse

This is too funny! Does the trauma suffered by my cats count as damage? I am certain that some fresh salmon or tuna would help them to cope with the terrible psychological impact of this horrendous event!

Posted by: nunovyerbizness1 | July 16, 2010 7:51 PM | Report abuse

Two new nail pops and a new crack on my kitchen wall. Who should I send the bill to? Clearly this earthquake is the fault of BP!

Posted by: AlanPototsky | July 16, 2010 11:07 PM | Report abuse

Since the economy is doing so well now they will not be able to find anyone willing to upright that chair. Sure am glad they can still hire an illegal alien.

Posted by: Incredulous6 | July 17, 2010 6:51 AM | Report abuse

PSA to be run in heavy rotation on all networks:

Cue: EMOTIVE ORCHESTRAL STRING MUSIC in background

EXTREMELY SINCERE VICE-OVER BY A CONCERNED CELEBRITY: "Once you've seen the photos of the awful devastation, and heard the harrowing stories of the survivors, you can turn away... or you can help the victims."

BOLD SINGLE-COLOR BLOCK LETTER GRAPHIC: "Text SUCKER to 71610 on your mobile phone to make a guilt-reducing, tax-deductible contribution of $10 to the Quake-mageddon Foundation."

Posted by: Physical_Security_Spec | July 17, 2010 7:13 AM | Report abuse

I can't believe that I slept through this historic event!

Posted by: Shakescene21 | July 17, 2010 7:58 AM | Report abuse

The earthquake was Obama's fault, along with Global Warming, the Economic Recession, my headache, and the 13th century

Posted by: Varyland | July 17, 2010 10:55 AM | Report abuse