Posted at 12:00 PM ET, 04/12/2010

Ex-GW worker sues university

By Washington Post editors

A former employee who worked in the executive vice president and treasurer's office at George Washington University has filed a complaint in U.S. District Court saying she was unfairly terminated from her job, the GW Hatchet reports.

Audrey Johnson, 37, is also charging a high-level university administrator with racial discrimination. In the complaint, Johnson alleges that she and another black supervisor were "targeted" by Senior Associate Vice President for Administration Ed Schonfeld because of their race, and suffered actions to "harass and intimidate" them. Both were stripped of their titles and authority, the complaint states.

By Washington Post editors  | April 12, 2010; 12:00 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Accused teenage gunman in court
Next: Man arrested for shooting at deputy

Comments

She got fired, and being black, of course it's racism.

Posted by: jckdoors | April 12, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

jckdoors you as.ho.. you must me white

Posted by: shadon1 | April 12, 2010 1:49 PM | Report abuse

It happens a lot, I'm hope they did their research before firing her. Unfortunately minorities use that crutch frequently.

Posted by: mark0004 | April 12, 2010 5:16 PM | Report abuse

I have not read or heard both sides of the story. Make no mistake racism does exist.

We minorities will soon be the majority, and we will do to you, what you have done to us.

Posted by: lynette41b | April 12, 2010 8:38 PM | Report abuse

First of all why is this news. People are hired and fired all the time and sometimes race is involved. Second if this was an actuakl case of racism, then I hope the laws do what they are intended to do and get the jerks that did the unfair firing. However, the race card is very overused and I have to say that many minorities seem to have a very inflated sense of entitlement and that they don't have to work as hard or follow the same rules just because they are a minority. I have actually heard people at my place of employment say when some cautions them about sometihing they did against the rules, "What are they gonna do, fire me? I'll just take them to court for racism and they know it, so I'm golden". Unfortunately its people like this who make it so much harder for those who truly work hard.

Posted by: schnauzer21 | April 13, 2010 9:13 AM | Report abuse

Of course the race-baiter hasn't filed the suit yet. Likely would get laughed out of court along with the other welfare queens who want to get rich quick since they're not capable of doing a job. The old Jesse Jackson strategy of playing the race card and hoping the deep pocketed school, company, etc folds like a wet bag and gives them a hand out. What, couldn't she get a handout from Obama??

Posted by: seraphina2 | April 13, 2010 11:01 AM | Report abuse

You are right, this will be a thirld world country some day. You will be paying me my social security every month but I will not be here.

Posted by: mark0004 | April 13, 2010 11:20 AM | Report abuse

Black people never do anything wrong. It really is amazing. Everything is always "someone elses fault" Whitey's not buying it anymore.

Posted by: DCFanatic | April 13, 2010 11:28 AM | Report abuse

Any minority [includes blacks, gay's, hispanic's, women] would have to come to work drunk with you're pants off to get fired at any liberal university.

Posted by: sbf845 | April 13, 2010 12:08 PM | Report abuse

jckdoors, mark0004, schnauzer21,sbf845,DCFanatic:

It is attitudes like yours that have made anti-discrimination laws neccessary.

Thank God they exist to protect us so-called "minorirites" (who BTW will soon be the majority) from the likes of ignorant bigots like yourselves.

Posted by: ceefer66 | April 13, 2010 12:14 PM | Report abuse

oops.

"minorirites" s/b "minorities".

Posted by: ceefer66 | April 13, 2010 12:27 PM | Report abuse

Playing the race card and screaming racism is a great cottage industry and frequently pays off in big jackpots with settlements. It's made millions for Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and many others.

Posted by: checkered1 | April 13, 2010 12:47 PM | Report abuse