Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 6:32 PM ET, 05/14/2010

Fire in bathroom near Wash. Monument

By Terri Rupar

A small fire broke out on the Washington Monument grounds during Friday evening’s rush hour, authorities said.

The fire, in a restroom near 15th Street NW and Independence Avenue, was quickly extinguished and appeared accidental, said D.C. Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department spokesman Pete Piringer.

The fire broke out about 6 p.m., near two thoroughfares that carry heavy traffic during rush hour periods.

--Martin Weil

By Terri Rupar  | May 14, 2010; 6:32 PM ET
 
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Chlorine water treatment to end
Next: Hail, funnel clouds reported in area

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company