Posted at 11:36 AM ET, 05/27/2010

Four Md. teens arrested in carjacking

By Washington Post editors

Chief Ronald A. Ricucci of the Takoma Park police announced Thursday the arrests of four teenagers, ages 15 to 17, in connection with a carjacking and robbery.

The youths -- two from Silver Spring, one from Gaithersburg and one from Takoma Park -- were caught after a Takoma Park police officer on routine patrol checked the tag on a vehicle traveling in the 900 block of Marrimac Drive and discovered that it was stolen.

The four juveniles eventually parked the car and were found walking on Merrimac Drive between Tahona Drive and New Hampshire Avenue. They were arrested, taken to the Takoma Park police station and charged.

Two of the juveniles were transported to the Noyes youth detention facility, one was taken to the Montgomery County Central Processing Unit and might be charged as an adult, and the last was released into the custody of guardians pending further investigation.

By Washington Post editors  | May 27, 2010; 11:36 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Rally to preserve trails along Purple Line
Next: Accidents at Fort Detrick detailed

Comments

great start to your lives losers.

Posted by: FiatBooks | May 27, 2010 11:47 AM | Report abuse

Every time I read something like this I wonder what is going on in these kid's homes.
A reasonably functional child over the age of 5 knows right from wrong when presented with a situation.
What type of parenting is going on(if any)?
My 14 year old son is probably more afraid of what I'd do to him than the police. He gets it...he knows he's old enough to own his decisions and has to answer for them.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | May 27, 2010 11:59 AM | Report abuse

One of the problems with kids today is the 'accepted' approach to correcting them (we don't discipline anymore) with timeouts and discussions. Yeah, give a kid a timeout in his room with his computer, his PS3, and his MP3 player. That'll show him! Or we can discuss his/her 'actions' and persuade him/her of the incorrectness of their action. Works every time!

I have two daughters and when they were growing up and my wife found them guilty of 'crimes against family values' it was up to me to render punishment. It's hard as a father to spank your daughters but it was necessary. My daughter have grown up to be the kind of adults any parent would be proud of.

Posted by: Jimof1913 | May 27, 2010 1:04 PM | Report abuse

"Now when I was growing up and did something wrong my mother was judge and jury and if needed she pronounced the 'death penalty' on me ('Wait 'til your father gets home'). There were no reprives. Dad was the executioner. There was no pleading your case before him. My mother pronouced me guilty and dad carried out the 'execution' which was swiftly delivered with belt to the butt. Now understand my parents might be mad at me for the rest of the day but I was always forgiven with the understanding I would never do it again. I knew my parents loved me even when I was being spanked. I somehow lived thru this 'torture' and like to think I became a better person for it."

Amen!

Today's parents are more concerned with being their children's "friend" than with being a parent. God forbid, little Mary or little Billy should be "angry" with Mom or Dad or "feel badly" about anything.

The end result is the kid grows up with a sense of entitlement and a propensity to think they deserve everything they want and nothing is ever their fault. I see that attitude - and the damage it does - among 22-45 year olds in the workplace constantly.

Posted by: ceefer66 | May 27, 2010 2:05 PM | Report abuse

savages need a ride....

Posted by: kglkgl06 | May 27, 2010 2:25 PM | Report abuse

This is what happens when you have "friends" for parents or no oversight at all. We need to push for acceptance of corporal punishment again. My dad would have "lit me up" for way less than that and the cop or teacher would have made sure you learned a valuble lesson without jail time. We need to beat some A$$ and save the state some money.

Posted by: skipfrmdc | May 27, 2010 3:01 PM | Report abuse

These kids will all be dead or in jail in five years. Boo hoo.

Posted by: kenk3 | May 27, 2010 3:13 PM | Report abuse

@ kglkgl06

"savages need a ride...."

Sorry, but you're off base this time.

These were "kids" from Montgomery County, quite likely white; they're not Blacks from DC or "PG County". The "savages" moniker, as applied by you people, doesn't apply in this case.

Therefor, you get the prize for the failed dunce post of the day.

Congrats.

Posted by: ceefer66 | May 27, 2010 3:44 PM | Report abuse

If it was MOCO suspects were probably anchor babies or illegals since MOCO has been sold out like PG by your sanctuary haven city favorite politicians.

Posted by: zcxnissan | May 27, 2010 4:33 PM | Report abuse