Md. dairy shipped tainted milk to middle school
A Frederick dairy processor said his company accidentally shipped tainted chocolate milk to a middle school in Frederick the Frederick News-Post reported.
James Vona of Dairy Maid Dairy, said the solution was a sanitizing rinse milk processors must use when switching from dispensing one type of milk to another. Such solutions may contain iodine or bleach. The solution in the students' milk was not toxic.
Some students reported feeling nauseated after drinking the milk on Friday.
Vona says a sign warning employees not to distribute the tainted milk got lost, and six cases were delivered to West Frederick Middle School by mistake.
The comments to this entry are closed.