Gas leak on Largo campus repaired
2: 45 p.m.
Prince George's County Community College's Largo campus closed Wednesday because of a natural gas leak, officials said.
Prince George's County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady said firefighters responded about 8:15 a.m. Wednesday to a report of a gas leak near Largo Road and Campus Way South. Ruben Rodriguez with Washington Gas said a contractor struck a 4-inch pipe with a back hoe. The pipe did not burst, Rodriguez said.
The leak was repaired and the all clear was given about 12:45 p.m., Brady said.
Gas leak closes Largo campus
Prince George's County Community College's Largo campus is closed Wednesday because of a gas leak, WTOP reports.
Prince George's County Fire and EMS spokesman Mark Brady said people reported smelling gas Wednesday morning. When crews arrived they found a 4-inch high-pressure gas line break at Route 202 and Campus Way South.
Crews are working to repair the break.
Day and evening classes are canceled on the Largo Campus.
The comments to this entry are closed.