Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 12:44 PM ET, 02/ 5/2010

Girl injured in early morning fire

By Washington Post editors

An 8-year-old girl was seriously injured in a house fire in Prince George's County on Friday morning, ABC7 is reporting.

The girl was at home with her grandmother in the 2400 Oak Glen Way in Ritchie when a fire broke out in the basement. Officials said the girl's clothing caught fire, and she suffered second- and third-degree burns.

Rescuers had hoped to use a Medevac helicopter to transport the girl but had to turn back because of the weather. She was taken by ambulance to Children's National Medical Center.

Officials said her injuries are not considered life-threatening.

By Washington Post editors  | February 5, 2010; 12:44 PM ET
 
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Prince George's declares state of emergency
Next: Virginia governor keeps state offices open

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company