Posted at 5:58 AM ET, 07/22/2010

Cops: Man pulls nail gun in road rage

By Mike McPhate
Barrios
Barrios. (Courtesy of Prince William County police)

A Dale City man brandished a nail gun and rammed another man’s car three times in a road rage incident in Woodbridge early Wednesday, Prince William County police said.

Dionel Barrios, 28, of Dale City, apparently became enraged during a dispute with another driver, age 18, at about 12:25 a.m. in the 14000 block of Smoketown Road. It wasn’t immediately clear what sparked the feud.

Barrios was charged with felony hit and run and brandishing a weapon. No court date was available.

-- Mike McPhate

By Mike McPhate  | July 22, 2010; 5:58 AM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Va. upgrades state government Web site
Next: Lori's A.M. Buzz: D.C.'s smart AND healthy

Comments

yeah it is true most of us can save money on our car insurance by making few simple changes find how much you can save http://bit.ly/d4HSCH

Posted by: briansusan | July 22, 2010 7:32 AM | Report abuse

prob illegal

Posted by: kglkgl06 | July 22, 2010 8:11 AM | Report abuse

Don't know if this guy is illegal or not...but he's obviously criminally stupid.
Who intentionally rams another car 3 times because he cut him off or whatever? Keep a little perspective.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | July 22, 2010 9:32 AM | Report abuse

....and your probably racist....

Posted by: lizzyincentreville | July 22, 2010 9:51 AM | Report abuse

According to WaPo's User and Discussion Guidelines, posts that contain advertising or solicitation of any kind are not allowed.

Why then is the post by briansusan advertising a website for car insurance allowed?

Posted by: checkered1 | July 22, 2010 10:30 AM | Report abuse

checkered1,
I think they posted it because this article didn't involve an accident. On those articles, they always attempt to hawk some ambulance chasing attorney.

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | July 22, 2010 11:06 AM | Report abuse

Glad the cops NAILED his crazy behind! LOL!

Posted by: The_Funknician | July 22, 2010 11:26 AM | Report abuse

Gee, I wonder where this dude is from? I say that it's too bad this fellow isn't back home where he belongs. Somewhere south of the border. How far south is anybody's guess - I wonder if he has a sister.

Posted by: reesemichael | July 22, 2010 11:56 AM | Report abuse

There are some days I drive around here that I wish I had a nail gun...

Posted by: 123cartoon | July 22, 2010 12:05 PM | Report abuse

"....and your probably racist...."

Blah, Blah, Blah...I'm guessing someone could tell you that storm clouds are black and you would call them racist.

Posted by: BEEPEE | July 22, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse

The nail-gun is the new Glock.

Posted by: kinkysr | July 22, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

illegal is illegal...

you want the illegalwetback? > keep him in your house>> I don't want illegals in MY country..in my state/city/neighborhood

"they" want to come in the USA ?? >> they can visit the USA embassy in THEIR country and apply..

Posted by: kglkgl06 | July 22, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

The nail gun a weapon? Most nail guns that I'm familiar with require the gun to be pressed against something solid as a safety, before it will allow you to drive a nail.

Posted by: ahashburn | July 22, 2010 2:00 PM | Report abuse

@ahashburn - Is someone's head solid enough?

Posted by: ghokee | July 22, 2010 2:48 PM | Report abuse

What is this clown's status? Is he "documented"?

Posted by: ceefer66 | July 22, 2010 3:56 PM | Report abuse