Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 6:19 PM ET, 03/16/2010

Firefighters rescue woman in Oxon Hill

By Erica Johnston

A woman suffered serious smoke inhalation Tuesday in a fire at an Oxon Hill apartment building, Prince George's County fire officials said.

The woman was rescued by ladder from a second-story window as firefighters battled a fire in her apartment, in the 5900 block of Fisher Road, about 5 p.m. Major Tyrone Forby, a fire department spokesman, said the 57-year-old woman was transported to Washington Hospital Center. Her condition was not immediately available.

Firefighters extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes, Forby said.

-- Clarence Williams

By Erica Johnston  | March 16, 2010; 6:19 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Elephants parade through D.C.
Next: Crabbing season opens

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company