Gas leak forces evacuation in Oxon Hill
Several stores and a day care center have been evacuated as firefighters and utility officials work to control a gas leak at an Oxon Hill shopping center, authorities said.
The leak is in the 3400 block of Brinkley Road, fire officials said. That's where a tractor-trailer knocked an exterior gas meter off the wall, allowing gas to escape both inside and outside the center. Washington Gas officials are on scene, authorities said.
-- Matt Zapotosky
Washington Post editors
| June 2, 2010; 2:10 PM ET
Categories: Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share: Previous: WAGE could return to N.Va. airwaves
Next: Eastbound New York Ave. remains closed
The comments to this entry are closed.