Hyattsville man dies following fire
A 39-year-old man badly burned in a fire that also injured his 3-year-old daughter died Wednesday, Prince George's County Fire and EMS reports.
Mohamed M. Magassouba and his daughter were found Friday in their second-floor Hyattsville apartment. Magassouba suffered burns over 80 percent of his body. His daughter, who was not burned, spent the weekend in a hospital and was released Monday.
Fire Investigators have determined that an extension cord underneath a couch and hooked into a space heater started the fire. Fire damage was estimated at $60,000.
Washington Post editors
| March 3, 2010; 3:15 PM ET
Categories: Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share: Previous: Howard County teens hospitalized after collision
Next: Criminal investigation over Churchill grade changes
The comments to this entry are closed.