Posted at 7:02 PM ET, 05/19/2010

2 men shot in Montgomery Village

By Erica Johnston

Update, 8:10 p.m.: Montgomery County police are now saying that two people were shot earlier this evening, and that it happened in the Montgomery Village area, not Gaithersburg. Police say the two were shot in the 19900 block of Spur Hill Drive.

Authorities did not release the ages of the victims, but said both were males and their wounds did not appear to be life threatening.

Earlier:
A man was shot Wednesday evening in the backyard of a Gaithersburg area home, Montgomery County police said.

Police found the victim at a home on Spur Hill Road about 6:15 p.m., after being called to the site, said Officer Melanie Brenner, a police spokeswoman. The victim's age and condition were not immediately available.

Police think the victim and the assailant knew each other, Brenner said.

-- Clarence Williams

By Erica Johnston  | May 19, 2010; 7:02 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Woman injured in Damascus crash
Next: Body found at Va. recycling plant

Comments

Montgomery Village = PG County. . Northwest

Posted by: Robbnitafl | May 19, 2010 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Montgomery Village = PG County. . Northwest

Posted by: Robbnitafl | May 19, 2010 8:47 PM | Report abuse

Stewart Town overspill

Posted by: SofaKingCool2009 | May 19, 2010 10:32 PM | Report abuse

The Ghetto Bros or Illegals? The usual suspects and the libtards solid voting base. I see references to PG county, I have answer..

Posted by: genbarlow | May 19, 2010 10:39 PM | Report abuse

Ahh yes, Monkey County, in the People's Republic of Maryland, the crime friendly capital of the world! Enjoy it suckers..

Posted by: wewintheylose | May 20, 2010 5:03 AM | Report abuse

All the comments are crazy. I bet that you wouldn't walk out on the streets saying all this crap your saying on this site. You wanna be guys or girls have big balls behind the computer. You really make me laugh. Enjoy your day and maybe you should try taking these comments to the street one day.

Posted by: paris_292003 | May 20, 2010 7:53 AM | Report abuse

you would lose that bet, I take it to the streets every day...and the streets like it!

Posted by: SofaKingCool2009 | May 20, 2010 9:12 AM | Report abuse

Montgomery Village, more like Dodge City. Paris, don't take the WP posts so seriously. Hey, if we were in China, we would be hearing about random knife attacks. The human race is circling the cosmic toilet bowl. God is shrugging His shoulders or fliping us off.

Posted by: UnknownHenson | May 20, 2010 9:39 AM | Report abuse

The problem is that white people are racist and try everyday to make people believe they are not. You read some of the blogs on the WP and you'd think we were back in the 60's. Growing up in the 40's and 50's in southern Virginia, my father used to say there were good white people, but they would never stand on their own. They would always go with the way things were. Now I read the senseless racist statements on these blogs and look at my co-workers and wonder which one of you racist white people it might be that makes these statements behind the seal of a computer and then like the coward you are smile in a minorities face. And in case you have another racist joke, I have a college degree and wear a suit to work everyday.

Posted by: rlee4033 | May 20, 2010 11:02 AM | Report abuse

Preach rlee4033!! I feel the same way.

Posted by: dshannon8455 | May 20, 2010 11:25 AM | Report abuse

Rlee, I hear you, but this is nothing new to WP posts. I was pointing out that violence is a human thing and not limited to any one race. I just ignore them and stick to the issues. Most of the time bigots just want to get a rise outta people. Sad really.

Posted by: UnknownHenson | May 20, 2010 12:18 PM | Report abuse

Rlee, I hear you, but this is nothing new to WP posts. I was pointing out that violence is a human thing and not limited to any one race. I just ignore bigots and stick to the issues. Most of the time bigots just want to get a rise outta people. Sad really.

Posted by: UnknownHenson | May 20, 2010 12:19 PM | Report abuse