Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 1:39 PM ET, 09/17/2010

Md. boy strangles in drapery cord

By Dan Morse

An 18-month-old boy in Silver Spring died Friday after getting tangled in a looped drapery cord, Montgomery County police said.

Detectives do not suspect foul play. "This presents itself as a tragic, accidental death," said Lucille Baur, a police spokeswoman.

Officers were called to an apartment in the 900 block of Northampton Drive at 11:44 a.m. for a suspicious situation. After arriving and seeing the child, they administered CPR, then took the child to a hospital in a police car.

The probe continues in what police are terming a death investigation.

-- Dan Morse

By Dan Morse  | September 17, 2010; 1:39 PM ET
Categories:  Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Currie enters not-guilty pleas
Next: Zoo's lion cubs have their first physical

Comments

This is why you always cut those cords in half. So sad.

Posted by: WickedRose | September 17, 2010 2:56 PM | Report abuse

So so so sad. We just don't think about these things until something bad happens. Poor baby, you did not die in vain, I will cut the cords so my grandbaby will not get hurt. I am praying for the family's comfort. I know this is devatating for them. God bless them.

Posted by: wisepat | September 17, 2010 4:23 PM | Report abuse

So so so sad. We just don't think about these things until something bad happens. Poor baby, you did not die in vain, I will cut the cords so my grandbaby will not get hurt. I am praying for the family's comfort. I know this is devatating for them. God bless them.

Posted by: wisepat | September 17, 2010 4:46 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company