Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 5:00 PM ET, 10/15/2010

Six sickened by CO in Pr. Geo.'s

By Washington Post editors

A family of six was sickened by carbon monoxide in their Temple Hills home early Friday morning, Prince George's County fire officials say.

Firefighters and paramedics were called to a home in the 3500 block of 29th Avenue about 7:45 a.m. They arrived to find the family outside the home complaining of sudden illness and headaches. Firefighter determined they had been exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide.

A search of their home turned up a gasoline-powered generator in an attached garage. The generator was being used for electricity; the house had no power.

Two adult females in their 20s and three children between the age of 1 and 13 were taken to a hospital in good condition. The adult male refused to be take to a hospital.

By Washington Post editors  | October 15, 2010; 5:00 PM ET
Categories:  Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Pumpkins, dog parks, fall fun: D.C.'s blogs
Next: 50 EB in Arlington shut after accident

Comments

Proofread !!!!

Posted by: Improperbostonian | October 15, 2010 9:53 PM | Report abuse

And its not even winter time, yet these darwin award winners insist on running generators in their homes, w/o properly venting to the outside air.

I hope that the kids will be ok.

Posted by: Robbnitafl | October 16, 2010 5:03 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company