Posted at 11:34 AM ET, 07/ 2/2010

Teen dies from injuries after assault

By Washington Post editors

A 17-year-old has died from injuries he received after being assaulted last weekend, Fox 5 reports.

Police officers said Christopher William Moody was walking from the Capitol Heights Metro station about 12:30 a.m. when he approached by a group of males and assaulted. Moody initially refused treatment, but was later taken to the hospital by family members.

He remained in the hospital until his death Thursday.

By Washington Post editors  | July 2, 2010; 11:34 AM ET
Categories:  DC, Maryland
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Md. records another heat-related death
Next: Improper disposal of fireworks caused fire

Comments

Someone knows who did this. Tell the cops and take back your neighborhoods. Moody could have been you son or brother.

Posted by: jckdoors | July 2, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

I long for the day when a group of thugs like this approaches me. He was walking from capital heights metro which means in MD, where you're not allowed to carry any weapon to defend yourself against this kind of scum. In VA you can carry a firearm and you can do the world a favor if approached by thugs who should be shot down like the animals they are. I'd sleep like a baby after removing scum like this from society. They should be shot on sight. f em. they're pondscum.

Posted by: red2million | July 2, 2010 1:15 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: red2million

*******************************************

You sound nutty! I hope you don't go to the Virginia bars with your gun, you seem like the type to do something "crazy". Thanks to the governor of Virginia for making the state "safer" by allowing nuts like red2million to carry a gun while in a bar drinking!

Can't wait for the future headline . . . kind of like this:

Nutty Guy Drinking at Bar Shoots Bar Tender for Not Making His Sex on the Beach Stronger (News at 11:00).

Posted by: TheChampishere | July 2, 2010 1:44 PM | Report abuse

sorry champishere, dick cheney sound nutty too and he was vp of the us for eight years, but at any rate federal and state laws prohibit "nuts" from owning firearms. Why do I sound nutty because I would take pleasure in shooting violent criminals? Everyone I know is aware that I feel that way and have no problem with it, so I guess they're all "nutty" too. Oh, that's right you have a better plan for dealing with a group of thugs who approach you with violent intentions. Run. good if they dont have guns and none of them can run faster than you. beg. sorry, won't work, trust me. give them what you have and hope for the best. works sometimes but would not have in this instance. Hmmm, I'm not seeing that your plans of "action" are going to be very effective. Yes, I take a firearm everywhere I go. don't leave home without it. i can't run, i have a gimp knee, I don't have any beg in me and I despise and hate violent criminals and hold the belief that when they show hard working innoncents that they have no regard for human life, I think that person should SHOW them that they have no regard for pondscum by giving them a nice speech about how they don't deserve to live amongst decent people and then commence to killing. truth be told champy, I am letting my hate for this kind of pondscum letting me get carried away, because in actuality I would give them the choice of waiting for the police or going directly to St Peter to sort things out from there. So champy, can you see how an evil gun can actually prevent violence? My money says if I point a .45 loaded with 220 grain hollow points at their chests and say you can either wait for the police or you can go meet Jesus, they're going to lie on their stomachs with their hands behind their heads and wait for the po-lice. if they don't it's still a win-win. violent animals are removed from society, and the tax payers save huge money on all of those trials and prison terms. what's not to like? And regardless of your opinion, i'm stable, i'm normal, i'm allowed to have as many firearms as i want. i'm also an American and last time I checked i'm allowed to hate violent criminals, rapists, child molesters and the rest. if you want to setup a group home for them so you can save them, go for it. i won't object.

Posted by: red2million | July 2, 2010 2:04 PM | Report abuse

oh and champy i didn't notice your "headline" in my first pass. I leave my gun in the car when I go into a bar, because I don't agree w/the governor on that issue or with this governor on any issues that I know of. Also, I've been carrying a firearm for years, and like most who do I have respect for it. also, unlike the pondscum mentioned in this article I have regard for human life. If anyone shoots a bartender or anyone else for a reason that petty they should be locked up forever or put to death. it is legal only to meet deadly force with deadly force, and i agree with and comply with that standard. Not sure how you made the leap from i would like to shoot violent criminals to I will shoot anyone who does anything that rubs me the wrong way. sorry to disappont but I'm a mature adult. I just happen to agree with the dozens of states who allow their citizens to protect themselves and their loved ones against violent criminals. If that makes me a nut, that's fine. I'm definitely not like everyone else and damnedproudofit.

Posted by: red2million | July 2, 2010 2:23 PM | Report abuse

Blah blah blah!

Shut up and get back to work!

Posted by: TheChampishere | July 2, 2010 2:46 PM | Report abuse

Too often the truth is somewhere in between these two views any weapon is superfluous until you actually need it and in these trying times its better to have access than not. Please believe me the people trying to hurt or rob you don't have the same morals as you do. I lived in east side of Detroit Mi. most of my life and most of that without a weapon that does not mean I never had to fight for my life just means I was lucky. Most people not from as hard a area as I grew up would not stand a chance without one so I say if that's what it takes for you to live your life in peace than more power too you.

Don't be so quick to judge others until you taken a walk in their shoes. I have seen guns used for good like protecting a family and for bad and in the end its an individual choice and it should stay that way.

Posted by: whocaresnow | July 5, 2010 8:18 PM | Report abuse