Teen falls through skylight of fire station
A teenager who was using a leaf blower to remove debris from the roof of a Prince George's fire station was injured Friday afternoon after he fell through a skylight and dropped about 15 feet to the floor below, authorities said.
The incident occurred just before 3 p.m. at the Greenbelt Fire/EMS station, authorities said. The youth, who authorities described as an "approximately 18-year-old male," was using a leaf blower to remove debris from the roof as part of a community service project when he fell through the skylight.
Firefighters and medics at the station immediately tended the young man’s injures, and he was transported to a hospital for evaluation and treatment. His injuries are thought not to be life threatening, and he remained conscious and alert, authorities said.
The Greenbelt Police Department and the Prince George’s County Fire/EMS Department will investigate how the teenager fell through the roof, authorities said.
-- Matt Zapotosky
The comments to this entry are closed.