Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 10:33 AM ET, 07/ 7/2010

Cottage City commissioner's home burns

By Washington Post editors

The home of longtime Cottage City Town Commissioner William Hall Sr. was the scene of a massive fire Tuesday, and authorities are looking at whether window air conditioners might have sparked the blaze.

Fox 5 reports that the fire began just after 4 p.m. at Hall's home, which is next to Town Hall. Hall, 78, was asleep at the time. He was awoken by his smoke alarm.

Hall said he had been using extension cords to run the window air conditioner. His son had checked on the unit earlier in the day after the circuit breakers in the house kept tripping.

Hall said workers were due to come to his house later in the day to install central air.

By Washington Post editors  | July 7, 2010; 10:33 AM ET
Categories:  Maryland  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Funeral for slain Fairfax woman
Next: Child falls from window in Northeast

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company