Posted at 1:16 PM ET, 01/14/2010

Metro head to resign

By Washington Post editors

Metro General Manager John B. Catoe Jr. is resigning as head of the transit agency, according to Jeff McKay, a member of the Metro board.

By Washington Post editors  | January 14, 2010; 1:16 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Court rejects bid for gay marriage referendum
Next: Levi says she'll seek County Executive's seat

Comments

Hello! About freakin' time!

Posted by: janeway1 | January 14, 2010 1:23 PM | Report abuse

YAY! Now, make sure the next head of metro doesn't get a housing allowance. Also, the next head of metro should be an actual metro rider. Someone that not only knows the area, but the system and all of its problems......

Posted by: Aimhigh2000 | January 14, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

Wow...I said less than three minutes ago, there needs to be changes in the management of Metro before any future funds effectively improve service. Someone must have been listening...finally. Hire me...I'll work for three times less, I already live in the area and won't require a housing subsidy, and I ride Metro every day.

Posted by: akchild | January 14, 2010 1:25 PM | Report abuse

Hell has frozen over - its about time!! Things can only get better now.

Posted by: metro_rider_1984 | January 14, 2010 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Now metro can focus on spending it's money on improving the system instead of paying an incompetent general manager what he didn't deserve it and much more. Metro really has to better manage the money it has instead of wasting it on things like housing allowance. The new general manager has to concentrate on generating more funding for the metro and improving the safety and efficiency of the system. With Catoe it seems things went from bad to worse. I am sure metro can find a more qualified person for this job.

Posted by: denizsevgiliona | January 14, 2010 1:42 PM | Report abuse

This is how I felt when Vinny Cerrato resigned.

Posted by: parisa1 | January 14, 2010 2:14 PM | Report abuse