Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 10:55 AM ET, 08/ 9/2010

Microwave sparks fire, kills dog

By Washington Post editors

A malfunctioning microwave sparked a fire at a Centreville townhouse that killed a dog, WTOP reports.

The fire occurred Saturday morning at a home in the 5600 block of Sheals Lane. The occupants of the home were not in when the fire broke out.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue discovered the dog during a search. Damage to the home is estimated at $160,000.


By Washington Post editors  | August 9, 2010; 10:55 AM ET
 
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Ex-Md. congressman fined by FEC
Next: Grill started Frederick town house fire

Comments

Dog Gone!!

Posted by: Robbnitafl | August 9, 2010 11:32 AM | Report abuse

The occupants were not home? Does this mean that the dog was home alone trying to heat up some kibbles?

Posted by: CubsFan | August 9, 2010 12:26 PM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company