Posted at 10:56 PM ET, 12/ 4/2010

Police: Man tried to pull woman into park

By Clarence Williams and Martin Weil

A man tried to pull a woman into a park in the Wheaton-Glenmont area Saturday night, but she broke free, Montgomery County police said.

They said the woman was walking on Claridge Road shortly after 7 p.m. when the man came up from behind and tried to drag her away. He threatened to harm her, but she escaped unharmed, police said.

The place where the incident occurred is about a half mile east of Connecticut Avenue and Veirs Mill Road.

They described the man as Hispanic, between 28 and 30, tall, with a medium build and facial hair. He was wearing a black jacket, black pants and a baseball cap, police said.

By Clarence Williams and Martin Weil  | December 4, 2010; 10:56 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Man shot near convention center
Next: Arrest in Capitol Hill assault

Comments

Why do those guys have a proclivity to rape?

Posted by: jab00 | December 5, 2010 8:27 AM | Report abuse

Yeah, it's just great in Wheaton now - not. Any chance he's an illegal? Any?

Posted by: faygokid | December 5, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

yeah, jab00 kind of like white men's proclivity kidnapping and raping children. the gov't is trying hard to something about the immigration problem but again what to do with the problem of white men kidnapping and raping our children?

Posted by: jusmy2cents | December 5, 2010 10:35 AM | Report abuse

You have no clue. It goes on just as much in the minority groups too. It's just not as publicized or charges issued. I don't understand why. I know, because I was a victim of child abuse, along with at least a dozen women in my church. When I asked them if they had pressed charges, most said that it was a relative or close friend of the family who had done it and when they said anything, they were quickly hushed up or not believed. It took years for me to tell my mom and when she found out, she was livid. But did she go to my grandmother and demand to know what happened? Did she tell the family member off? The answer is no.

Posted by: Edie3 | December 6, 2010 8:46 AM | Report abuse

The story is about violence to women, not about race or illegal immigration. And she thinks he might be Hispanic...I've been taken for Hispanic and my ancestors are from northern Europe. Why focus on race?
As to why men abuse women or children, that is pretty speculative and there could be any number of answers, but it is usually about power, not sex.

Posted by: merribanks | December 6, 2010 8:54 AM | Report abuse

jusmy2cents,
Because it isn't as big of a deal raping women as it is children...is THAT your point?

Posted by: BigDaddy651 | December 6, 2010 9:08 AM | Report abuse