Posted at 11:58 AM ET, 04/17/2010

Police: Dead principal's car found in SE

By Washington Post Editors

The car belonging to D.C. principal Brian Betts was found in the District, according to police. The car was found in the 3900 block of 4th St. SE. Police had been searching for it since Betts, 42, was found dead in his Silver Spring home. More details to come shortly.

--Dan Morse

By Washington Post Editors  | April 17, 2010; 11:58 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Police car in collision with 2nd vehicle
Next: Large pine tree topples in Lafayette Park

Comments

Minor error.

The vehicle was actually discovered in River: East during a routine Saturday-morning streetcleaning.

Posted by: dubya1938 | April 17, 2010 12:29 PM | Report abuse

dubya1938-please clarify...

was the vehicle discovered in the river?

Posted by: DCHurricane | April 17, 2010 12:56 PM | Report abuse

Found in South East? What a surprise!

Posted by: waterfrontproperty | April 17, 2010 12:57 PM | Report abuse

And why am I not surprised that the vehicle was found in DC? DC wants to have elected representation in Congress. If we subtract the felons who don't have votings rights, the illegals; who'll be left to vote?

Posted by: almelbe | April 17, 2010 1:00 PM | Report abuse

Almelbe... No. Just... no.
People like you are the reason internet comments really can't be taken seriously.

My heart goes out to the family and friends of Principal Betts; we need more educators like him out there. I hope justice can be brought to whomever caused this.

Posted by: allielewis713 | April 17, 2010 1:09 PM | Report abuse

Thanks allielewis713-Almelbe's comments are unnecessary and inconsequential. My heart weighs very heavy today as well, because we seem to lose those committed to changing the status quo.

I genuinely pray his killer (s) is found and his legacy is carried on at Shaw..

My heart goes out to his family and the students he touched..

Posted by: DCHurricane | April 17, 2010 1:17 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: okayavenue | April 17, 2010 1:24 PM | Report abuse

"Mr. Morse: It might be helpful to readers to identify the actual neighborhood; Southeast DC is huge—and made up of many different communities."

Actually, "3900 block of 4th St. SE" is pretty specific. It's about half a mile east of Bolling AFB and the Anacostia Freeway, maybe the area some call "River East." Check the Google map. The WP will probably post a map later.

Posted by: dottie_b | April 17, 2010 1:39 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the clarification Dottie...I have a knot in the pit of my stomach over this, cause i knew the previous owner and his daughter that were murdered in the same house.

I'm praying for resolution and a clear motive to emerge. My heart breaks for Mr. Betts' family and pray the kids whose lives he's touched carry out his dreams for them and NEVER FORGET HIM.

Posted by: DCHurricane | April 17, 2010 1:47 PM | Report abuse