Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 12:25 PM ET, 01/ 8/2010

Space heater may have caused house fire

By Washington Post editors

A space heater may be to blame for a two alarm fire in Laytonsville Friday morning that injured two women and a firefighter.

ABC 7 reported that just before 7:30 this morning the 59-year-old homeowner was trying to fill her space heater when it caught fire. She and her 23-year-old daughter were able to get out as neighbors tried to come to the rescue.

Both mother and daughter were taken to a hospital with slight burns and smoke inhalation. A firefighter also received a minor burn to the face.

No fire hydrants are in the area so crews used a tanker to transport water to the scene.

By Washington Post editors  | January 8, 2010; 12:25 PM ET
 
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Metro to hold hearing on possible fare hike
Next: Man indicted in cat owner's death

No comments have been posted to this entry.

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company