Tips for coping with Code Orange
As the D.C. area sweats through its second Code Orange day, officials in Montgomery County offer these tips on reducing the harmful emissions that contribute to Code Orange conditions.
- Carpool, telecommute, or take mass transit to work;
- Limit driving and combine errands;
- Refuel after dark
- Avoid using gasoline-powered lawn equipment, including mowers
- Wait for a cooler day to use oil-based paints or switch to non-solvent or low VOC-based paints
- Avoid using aerosols and household products that contain solvents;
- Avoid mid-day driving; or
- Conserve energy at home and work to reduce power demand.
On his blog, The Post's Dr. Gridlock also offers tips for hot weather travel.
Washington Post editors
| June 22, 2010; 3:30 PM ET
Categories: Traffic and Transportation
Save & Share: Previous: See how you'll look in 20 -- if you dare
Next: Guilty plea for firefighter who set fire
Posted by: 123cartoon | June 22, 2010 4:09 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: bmp246 | June 22, 2010 5:02 PM | Report abuse
The comments to this entry are closed.