Posted at 8:45 AM ET, 07/ 2/2010

Speed limit raised on portion of I-295

By Washington Post editors

For those of you heading south this holiday weekend traffic may move a little quicker than expected.

The Progress-Index reports that the Virginia Department of Transportation has raised the speed limit on a segment of I-295 from 65 to 70 mph. The increased speed occurs in the corridor from Petersburg to I-64 east of Richmond.

By Washington Post editors  | July 2, 2010; 8:45 AM ET
Categories:  Traffic and Transportation, Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lori's A.M. Buzz: Dangerous day
Next: Investigation into firing of tear gas canister

Comments

C'mon WAPO most people reading the Post would naturely think I-295 refered to the I-295 running thru the Distrct not the roadway running around Richmond.

Maybe the heading should read:
Speed limit raised on portion of Va I-295

Posted by: Jimof1913 | July 2, 2010 9:25 AM | Report abuse

One of the biggest problems in the Washington metro area is the folks who think the have a right to get in the left lane and drive under the speed limit which impede traffic.(MOVE TO THE RIGHT)

Posted by: billstance | July 2, 2010 9:30 AM | Report abuse

Posted by: billstance | July 2, 2010 9:34 AM | Report abuse

One of the biggest problems in the Washington metro area is the folks who think they have a right to drive as fast as they want, regardless of the speed limit.

Posted by: meme7 | July 2, 2010 1:12 PM | Report abuse

Jimof1913

OMG, the Post is actually making you read beyond the story heading to get the facts? How absurd of them!

Posted by: SaysEye | July 2, 2010 2:06 PM | Report abuse

You're right SaysEye I don't want to have to read every story to see if they're talking about something in the Washington area or something in West Virgina or Richmond. A good heading should gives you enough info to decide if it's worth reading. The 'local' weather on TV now covers West Virgina to the eastern shore and Baltimore to Richmond. When I hear 'A storm will come thru the Washington area' by some TV weatherman I'm not thinking about a storm in West Virgina.

Posted by: Jimof1913 | July 2, 2010 6:09 PM | Report abuse