Network News

X My Profile
View More Activity
Posted at 10:26 AM ET, 11/29/2010

Carbon monoxide sickens 3 Va. kids

By Associated Press

Three children have been taken to a hospital for evaluation after several people were sickened by carbon monoxide in their Alexandria home.

Alexandria fire officials say units were called to a home on Ancell Street around 7 a.m. and found several residents complaining of headaches and nausea. A neighbor’s carbon monoxide detector was going off, and officials found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in three homes.

Officials say three children who live in the home that the initial call came from were taken to an area hospital for evaluation.

After the three homes were ventilated, carbon monoxide levels returned to normal. Officials say the cause of the incident remains under investigation.

By Associated Press  | November 29, 2010; 10:26 AM ET
Categories:  Virginia  
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Lori's A.M. Buzz: Did someone say snow?
Next: Bay cleanup would boost local economy

Comments

Thank the stars this did not end up as tragedy. Lets learn by this. Make sure you have a carbon monoxide detector installed near  the sleeping areas. If you have a detector installed, replace the batteries every year. Test the CO sensor regularly using real Carbon Monoxide gas. This is something available at InspectUSA.com. Also it is very important to replace your CO detector before the expiration date printed on the CO detector. If there is no expiration date, then you should just replace it. And please use the same action with your Smoke Detectors too.

Posted by: InspectUSA | November 30, 2010 10:24 AM | Report abuse

The comments to this entry are closed.

 
 
RSS Feed
Subscribe to The Post

© 2011 The Washington Post Company