Posted at 9:56 PM ET, 03/15/2010

Man, 20, charged in first Arlington homicide of 2010

By Erica Johnston

Arlington County police charged a 20-year-old Arlington man with murder Monday evening, after a man died after being found injured on a sidewalk late Sunday.

Cain Guevara-Estrada, 20, of Arlington, was found in the 2800 block of North Pershing Drive about 11:15 p.m. Sunday. He had suffered unspecified trauma to the upper body. He was taken to a hospital, where he died, according to police. The death was the county’s first of 2010, a dispatcher said.

Late Monday, Anner Rouben Hernandez-Estrada was charged in the death, Arlington police said in a news release. He was being held without bond in the Arlington County Detention Center.

— Ruben Castaneda and Debbi Wilgoren

By Erica Johnston  | March 15, 2010; 9:56 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Maryland officials seek foreclosure help
Next: Metro ridership rebounds quickly from storm lows

Comments

Another crime by the local illegal allien community, look at Mexico, now you see why we need to get these violent people out of this area.

Posted by: nativeva1 | March 16, 2010 7:38 AM | Report abuse

@nativeva1 - way to make an unfounded, sweeping judgment on an entire group of people. Please show me where it says anything about him being an illegal "allien" because I can't seem to find it. Let's try and keep the focus where it belongs. Someone was murdered in Arlington. The person's race or nationality has nothing to do with anything.

Posted by: devvin | March 16, 2010 8:43 AM | Report abuse

Agree with the first comment. As a resident of Arlington, I'd like to see less of my tax dollars go to illegals and more to enforcing our immigration policies.

Posted by: NoVAredsox | March 16, 2010 10:49 AM | Report abuse

@NoVaredsox - What makes you think that he was an illegal alien? The fact that he is Hispanic doesn't give you, or anyone else the right to assume that he is not a U.S. citizen. What is wrong with people? This story is about a murder, NOT immigration. Go get on your immigration soapbox in the appropriate venue.

Posted by: devvin | March 16, 2010 11:39 AM | Report abuse

@devvin: Thanks for calling out people on their sweeping assumptions. As a resident of Arlington (in fact, I live just two blocks north of where this incident took place), I am saddened by the murder. Lyon Village is a place that I normally feel very safe walking around in.

@NoVAredsox and nativeva1: It is absolutely deplorable for you to jump to conclusions about the parties being illegal aliens and to write comments such as "look at Mexico, now you see why we need to get these violent people out of this area." To judge an entire country by the conduct of a few is despicable. By and large America is a nation of immigrants - nearly everyone that now lives here can trace parents, grandparents, or great-grandparents that came across the oceans from another country. Many of those people experienced prejudice and discrimination first hand just because they came here seeking a better future for themselves and their children.

Posted by: sciencegrrl | March 16, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse

An illegal killing an illegal Welcome to America.

Posted by: phoule | March 16, 2010 4:45 PM | Report abuse

Of course these two are illegal

Posted by: civilrightist | March 16, 2010 4:58 PM | Report abuse

If they are U.S. Citizens, which I doubt they still jumped the fence in Texas to get to Virginia. They all say they came with a Visa, they dont take MasterCard or American Express at the border. I know they used Mexican Express

Posted by: FrankMonzon | March 16, 2010 5:45 PM | Report abuse

@FrankMonzon - Wow. Racist humor...sigh. Why does it not surprise me? So I guess you must be 100% Native American? Otherwise, somewhere in your lineage, someone crossed some body of water to get here. If I'm not mistaken, that is how all "Americans" got to this country at one point or another. Nobody has time for your immature, insensitive, unintelligent, racist "jokes". I am so glad that I wasn't raised to look down on people who appear different from me. I couldn't imagine going through life like that.

Posted by: devvin | March 16, 2010 7:30 PM | Report abuse