Posted at 8:32 PM ET, 08/23/2010

Man charged with DWI in fatal accident

By Erica Johnston

A 61-year-old Manassas man was struck by an automobile and killed late Friday night in the Manassas area, Prince William County police said. Police said they believed alcohol was a factor in the incident for both the driver and the pedestrian.

They said Michael Cozad, of Coverstone Hill Circle, was killed shortly after 11 p.m. near Sudley Road and Coverstone Drive.

Police said Matthew David Souza, 23, of Dairy Road in Herndon was arrested and charged with driving while intoxicated.

County police said in a statement that Cozad was not in a designated crosswalk.

-- Martin Weil

By Erica Johnston  | August 23, 2010; 8:32 PM ET
Categories:  Crime and Public Safety, Virginia
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Va. ACLU asks for review of liquor ad ban
Next: Motorcycle crashes, bursts into flames

Comments

Posted by: case50 | August 24, 2010 12:30 PM | Report abuse

Posted by: case50 | August 24, 2010 12:30 PM |
--------------------------
Sad but I was thinking the samething as soon as I read the article. But I bet if his name would've started with Luis, the wolves would been out in force with their racist comments.

Posted by: PublicEnemy1 | August 24, 2010 3:06 PM | Report abuse

Dont worry yall someone will make the leap that if you blink your eyes and hold your head to the side his name could be latino and then the slings will begin. LOL

Posted by: bigheadbull2 | August 24, 2010 3:18 PM | Report abuse

"I guess Mr. Souza is not an 'illegal', since there would be 100 postings by now."

If the suspect were black, checkered1 would have chimed in with something about "what you can expect from savages".

Posted by: ceefer66 | August 24, 2010 3:46 PM | Report abuse