Winter weather: 6 degrees of stir crazy
As the D.C. area prepares for another snowstorm, it's time to ask ourselves exactly, scientifically, how sick we are of this weather. Read the options then choose the one you most agree with in the poll below.
1. This is my favorite time of year. I love putting on layers to go out and stomping through the snow in my boots. Or just staying in and sitting around a roaring fire sipping hot cocoa.
2. I wish that there was another Snowpocalypse so my office would close and I could stay home and/or engage in a community snowball fight large enough to draw police attention.
3. I don't mind the weather, I mind that everyone in the area freaks out, cancels everything and acts like we are on the verge of anarchy and cannibalism anytime there's so much as a flurry in the air.
4. I can't accurately assess my mood, as I'm currently stuck in traffic/the Metro/an airport and I think it might be affecting my attitude.
5. Shoveling snow, 4:30 a.m. robocalls about school closings, having to find a sitter, dressing like I'm about to climb Everest each time I want to take the dog out – what's not to love about that?
6. I think my feelings about winter can best be summed up by Phil Conners: "It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be gray, and it's going to last you the rest of your life."
The comments to this entry are closed.