Live tweeting: #BehindTheHeadlines
UPDATE: LIVE BLOG HERE, LIVE TWEETS FROM @POSTLIVE:
This evening The Washington Post will host a panel discussion, "Behind the Headlines: A Discussion on Race and the Recession in Metro Washington." The panel will cover the recession's impact on local black families and will look at how economic policies in Washington have affected African Americans. This meeting is based on a poll by The Washington Post, Kaiser Family Foundation and Harvard University on issues facing the black community. (Official event page here.)
Moderated by Post financial columnist Michelle Singletary, panelists include:
- Julianne Malveaux, a noted economist and educator
- Jared Bernstein, chief economist and economic adviser to Vice President Biden
- Rep. Emanuel Cleaver, chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus
- Michael A. Fletcher, a Washington Post national economics reporter
- Rev. Al Sharpton, president of the National Action Network
- Jeff Johnson, a political commentator on the nationally syndicated "Tom Joyner Morning Show"
- Sophia Nelson, a political commentator for Jet magazine and MSNBC
Got a question for the panelists? We're live tweeting.Tweet What questions do you have for the panelists? Use #behindtheheadlines to submit your questions and we'll send them along. Answers will be posted back into this blog in either video or tweet form.
In the meantime, join us for a live #behindtheheadlines chat, "Understanding the digital divide with David Sutphen and Aaron Smith," at 1 p.m., or view our full coverage page here.
#behindtheheadlines Where is the sweet spot where community norms and public policy and practice meet to effect positive change?
WOW! 3 million foreclosures expected this year. #BehindTheHeadlines
3 Million foreclosures are expected this year, african americans are expected to be the biggest losers #behindtheheadlines
WATCH LIVE VIDEO
Posted by: Janice11 | February 23, 2011 5:39 PM | Report abuse
Posted by: oknow1 | February 23, 2011 6:11 PM | Report abuse