Posted at 6:54 PM ET, 06/ 9/2010

Give Michelle Rhee a break

By washingtonpost.com editors

By Pam Sheridan
Washington

Why anyone would seriously think that D.C. Schools Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee would resort to illegal maneuvers to secure her job in the District, a city that is clearly doing its best to drive her away, is beyond me ["School daze," editorial, June 8].

If I were Ms. Rhee, I’d run for the hills — or to one of the many school districts I’m sure would be thrilled to have her. As the parent of school-age children, I just pray she doesn’t.

By washingtonpost.com editors  | June 9, 2010; 6:54 PM ET
Categories:  D.C., D.C. politics, education, schools
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: 'Streetcars vs. homeless' is a false dilemma
Next: Good reason to investigate Michelle Rhee

Comments

Michelle Rhee has been given break after break. If any other chancellor had some of the things she has, that person would have been fired.

Posted by: resc | June 10, 2010 9:41 AM | Report abuse

I left a word out, I meant to say:

If any other chancellor had DONE some of the things she has, that person would have been fired.

In fact, I keep wondering about the big money that has kept her in place. She hasn't kept her job because of the quality of her performance, because her performance is low. There has to be big money with political strings that is keeping her in her job. Otherwise she would have been fired long ago.

People as incompetent as Rhee only keep their jobs because they have people with power keeping them there.

Posted by: resc | June 10, 2010 9:44 AM | Report abuse

Who is the chancellor that she cannot be investigated? Her boss(Fenty) was investigated when he stole money from an elderly client and her fiance was investigated for misappropiation of federal funds(found guilty) as well as inappropriate behavior with minor females. If all is well she has nothing to worry about. If not the public has the right to know and a concerned citizen has the right to inquire.

Posted by: candycane1 | June 10, 2010 11:57 AM | Report abuse

"Why anyone would seriously think that D.C. Schools Chancellor Michelle A. Rhee would resort to illegal maneuvers to secure her job in the District, a city that is clearly doing its best to drive her away, is beyond me"

Simple, She's a dishonest, arrogant, ignorant narcissist.

Why should anyone give her a break? She's a bully, because she knows her corporate puppeteers will protect her and compensate her. Just as they have done here.

Posted by: mcstowy | June 11, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse