Posted at 1:39 PM ET, 11/ 2/2010

Robocall backfire

By washingtonpost.com editors

By Bobbie Liegus
Alexandria

I hadn't planned to vote today, because I figured Rep. Jim Moran (D-Va.) would be re-elected to his congressional seat, as he always is. Then I got a robocall from his Republican opponent, Patrick Murray, saying the voting was close, and I needed to vote. That convinced me, so I voted ... for Mr. Moran. I don't know how I ended up on a Republican calling list.

By washingtonpost.com editors  | November 2, 2010; 1:39 PM ET
Categories:  Va. Politics
Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Halloween candy buy-back is just wrong
Next: This year's Florida? It's Rick Boucher in Virginia

Comments

Murray's people have also gone WAY overboard in planting their red signs all over the 8th district--including their ridiculous 6' x 6' yard signs. I think these have caused a lot of Moran supporters who might have otherwise stayed home to get themselves out to the polls today--thinking it might be a close one. So good job, Murray supporters. Have fun at the loser's party tonight.

Posted by: theruffs | November 2, 2010 3:04 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for voting guys, we need career politicians like Jim Moran to stay in office. Guys like him put the quo in status and that works for me. I was glad to help extend his stay in congress to a third decade (I HOPE! *fingers crossed*)

Posted by: Libtard | November 2, 2010 3:59 PM | Report abuse

Probably the same way that I, a pro-lifer, kept getting flooded with pro-choice mailers from Connolly in my district.

As for Moran, if I ever voted for a guy who throttled an 8-year-old kid, I couldn't look at myself in the mirror.

Posted by: gdalfonzo | November 2, 2010 4:56 PM | Report abuse

I am glad that something inspired you to vote. :)

Posted by: DOEJN | November 4, 2010 7:47 AM | Report abuse

Bobby,

I am glad the Republican Tsunami does'nt faze you one bit.

This was only the greatest victory of one party, the Republcans over the other, Democrats. EVER.

But as long as you "Feel" good, that's all that counts. After all, to liberal Democrats it's all about feelings.

The Republicans won in record numbers because the American people oppose Comrade Obama's transformation to a socialist dictatorship.

Posted by: LiberalTerminator | November 4, 2010 3:53 PM | Report abuse

LiberalTerminator, lay off the Kool Aid enemas and the talk of socialist dictatorship. Besides, a case could easily be made that the GOP is seeking a fascist takeover of the country. Party uber alles!

Posted by: B-rod | November 5, 2010 1:06 PM | Report abuse