What Do You Want to Eat This Year?
New Year's goals and determinations are on the tips of tongues this week, and the Mighty Appetite household is no exception. In addition to more exercise and a commitment to a daily regimen of vitamins and probiotics, I've got several objectives in mind to bring me closer to my broader goal of improved wellness. Here's a handful I hope to tackle:
* Drink more anti-oxidant-rich tea, drink less alcohol which makes waistline expand magically before my very eyes.
* Invest in a good juicer and re-introduce freshly squeezed juices into my morning routine, as I know how energized it makes me feel.
* Put more green on my plate, more often. Bring on the whole grains too -- and diversify, play more with farro and millet, red rice and buckwheat.
* Eat less gluten. Although not intolerant to wheat, rye and barley, I prefer how I feel when I keep gluten-rich foods to a minimum.
* Continue to explore cuisines that interest me -- Indian, Vietnamese and Mexican - and dig deeper into regions, histories and traditions, perhaps taking a class or two.
* Make ravioli all by myself, without hand holding from my tutor, and pursue French onion soup, kimchi and corn tortillas. Resume canning and preserving this summer.
* Slow down and allow more time for hot pots of stew and curry, making it more a rule than an exception.
* Sup at home more often than in a restaurant.
* Chew more slowly and mindfully, and without newspapers, televisions or other distractions.
* Graciously accept help in the kitchen and let go of the culinary controls, even if a dish turns out differently than how I envision or imagine.
So, what do you want out of your kitchen life in 2008? Share your culinary determinations in the comments area below.
Please email us to report offensive comments.
Posted by: ncc | January 2, 2008 11:05 AM
Posted by: LisaLuvs2Cook | January 2, 2008 12:21 PM
Posted by: olivia | January 2, 2008 12:26 PM
Posted by: Fran | January 2, 2008 12:37 PM
Posted by: Reine de Saba | January 2, 2008 12:52 PM
Posted by: rmh | January 2, 2008 1:01 PM
Posted by: DC Cubefarm | January 2, 2008 1:46 PM
Posted by: reston, va | January 2, 2008 2:03 PM
Posted by: quark | January 2, 2008 4:08 PM
Posted by: Jackie | January 2, 2008 4:38 PM
Posted by: Centre of Nowhere | January 2, 2008 5:06 PM
Posted by: Fairlington Blade | January 2, 2008 7:51 PM
Posted by: Fan in Isael | January 3, 2008 2:40 AM
Posted by: Anonymous | January 3, 2008 12:19 PM
Posted by: Rebecca in VA. | January 3, 2008 2:46 PM
Posted by: Pila | January 3, 2008 11:56 PM
Posted by: conniecook | January 4, 2008 5:47 PM
Posted by: Sean | January 8, 2008 2:35 PM
Posted by: Sean | January 8, 2008 2:37 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.