And now, the lineups

So I know you all have been waiting for this. I also know that no one can find the Journal now as it's not listed at the top of the sports page despite the fact that this is my third update today. We here at the Journal do more before 9:30 a.m. than most people do all day. Or something like that.

Intrasquad away team:

Alex Escobar, DH
Ryan Church, LF
Abraham Nunez, CF
Jorge Toca, 1B
George Lombard, RF
Jesus Flores, C

A couple notes. With Cristian Guzman unable to play shortstop for another 10 days or so, Jimenez, Josh Wilson, Womack and maybe even Jose Macias will see plenty of time there. Kearns isn't playing right field for no specific reason, Manager Manny Acta said. He'll play right field in Intrasquad Game 2 tomorrow, and then almost certainly again in the first Grapefruit League game on Friday.

Oh, and starting pitchers today (two innings or 45 pitches, whichever comes first) are Joel Hanrahan and Matt Chico. Not sure who's pitching for which team. I suppose I should find that out. The world awaits.

Make sure if you read this update as the first one you see this morning that you go down and check the MASN update. The other entry isn't as important. Just a way to pass the time at work, really.

By Barry Svrluga  |  February 27, 2007; 9:10 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: MASN update
Next: More MASN

Comments

I think you mean me.

Posted by: Ronnie Belliard | February 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

Barry - what's the line on this one? I'm tryin to get a bet down but can't find it on Bodog. I'm thinkin I'll take home regardless, but that might change when the pitching is announced.

Posted by: Diaw | February 27, 2007 9:22 AM | Report abuse

RSS and/or bookmarks are still working great! We don't miss a beat!

Posted by: Scott M. Collins | February 27, 2007 9:28 AM | Report abuse

Barry, are either Tony Batista or Dmitri Young going to be on the bench for today's game?

Posted by: Brian | February 27, 2007 9:29 AM | Report abuse

I still think that the only reason that Kasten authorized the expenditure was because he thought he was getting Rafael, not Ron.

For the betting, I think you've gotta like the depth of the home team. Lombard can do a lot more out of the 8 spot than Jimenez.

Posted by: Chris | February 27, 2007 9:30 AM | Report abuse

With Guzman's struggles, we haven't heard anything about Ian Desmond, is he at the minor league camp? Any word on when they think he'll be ready for the big leagues? Love the blo!

Posted by: Mike Wager | February 27, 2007 9:44 AM | Report abuse

With Guzman's struggles, we haven't heard anything about Ian Desmond, is he at the minor league camp? Any word on when they think he'll be ready for the big leagues? Love the blog!

Posted by: Mike Wagner | February 27, 2007 9:46 AM | Report abuse

Barry, I'm coming down to HSCS this weekend for the first "home" spring training game. Any word on this "meet the players" pregame thing that's supposed to be going down, like when it starts and what it entails? And general advice on things to do and see and places to eat, aside from Panera?

Posted by: James | February 27, 2007 10:03 AM | Report abuse