Welcome the newest National

This news just popped in via text message:

Tatum Elizabeth Schneider, 7 lbs., 14 oz., 19.5 inches, born at 10:03 a.m.

Brian and Jordan Schneider had kept the name of their first child under wraps, so as to not be second-guessed. Frustrated the new grandparents, who wanted to monogram things for their first grandchild, including little Nationals' cheerleading outfits.

We're a few minutes from baseball here. My last post today. Seriously.

By Barry Svrluga  |  March 3, 2007; 12:42 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Who is Ruddy Yan? And other key questions of spring.
Next: Technical difficulties

Comments

congrats bri schnei!

Posted by: doug mckinney | March 3, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Congrats to the Schneiders, but is anyone having trouble listening to the game on WFED?

Posted by: Andrew S. | March 3, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

watching on tv, sorry!

Posted by: doug mckinney | March 3, 2007 2:38 PM | Report abuse

Geez Doug, try tuning into WFED to see if you get it (www.federalradionews.com)

Thanks

Posted by: Andrew | March 3, 2007 2:44 PM | Report abuse

errr....www.federalnewsradio.com

Posted by: Andrew | March 3, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

my father was listening on the radio - i assume 1500 am - i tried pulling up that site couldn't hear anything. sorry.

Posted by: doug mckinney | March 3, 2007 3:00 PM | Report abuse

I ended up signing up for MLB Gameday audio (14.95 for the season). I'm on a (gack) 28.8 dialup connection and it sounds surprisingly good.

Man, ya gotta feel for Hanrahan...

Posted by: Eric | March 3, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Congrats to Brian and his wife!

Posted by: Nationals Pride Mike | March 4, 2007 9:54 AM | Report abuse

I signed up for Gameday Audio as well. So far its been amazing. Yesterday I had both Nats games streaming listening to one with the other on mute and would switch back and forth. Even listened to the Red Sox game for a minute. The best part is that I can listen to the games while I'm at my desk at work in the middle of my cubicle farm where theres no radio reception.

Posted by: Steve | March 5, 2007 7:31 AM | Report abuse

Barry,

Whitherfor art thou this Monday? Oh how we miss you.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 5, 2007 3:49 PM | Report abuse

Apparently it was pretty ugly out there today. Was Barry on the hill?

Posted by: Diaw | March 5, 2007 4:57 PM | Report abuse

I suspect Barry (to live a life long dream) stole Redding's Jersey and headed out to the mound. The rest, as they say, is history. ;-)

Posted by: Eric | March 5, 2007 7:25 PM | Report abuse

Svrugla and Redding do look a lot alike...

Posted by: Andrew S. | March 5, 2007 7:34 PM | Report abuse

So Barry, besides horrible pitching and fielding, what else happened today?

Posted by: Anonymous | March 5, 2007 10:09 PM | Report abuse

Where's Barry Super! baby? Where's the updates? We miss them....they are awesome baby with a capital A!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dickie V. | March 6, 2007 8:05 AM | Report abuse

So who do you think had the more painful experience - Jordan, giving birth, or Manny, watching this team on defense?

Posted by: cevans | March 6, 2007 10:30 AM | Report abuse