Your lineup

But before we get to that, a quick quiz:

What do the following people have in common? Rosie O'Donnell, Kevin Federline and Cristian Guzman.

(Hmmm. They could all get on-base about the same percentage of the time? They all get paid for doing almost nothing?) (No. Be nice. Stop it. Come on. Be nice, now.)

Actually, they were all born on March 21. Happy Birthday, Guzzy! Your present? A start tonight against the Braves.

And the lineups:

Andruw Jones -- 8
Brayan Pena -- 2
Craig Wilson -- 3
Ryan Langerhans -- 7
Pete Orr -- 5
Mark Redman -- 1

I'll get you an in-game update or two. And please continue to post your ideas about intriguing storylines after the earlier post today. Thanks for your help.

By Barry Svrluga  |  March 21, 2007; 3:30 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Your turn
Next: Simontacchi, Redding ... and Wally Pipp?

Comments

1) Change in quality of the product on the field:

A. offense and defense (fewer errors and better coaching?) this year versus last year

B. Pitching this year versus last year and first season

Is A or B carrying the team more this year?

2) Depending on results on the field - what is the effect on how the team is marketed?

3) Injuries (what if...)

4) Performances on the field and affect on prospects of long term contracts

Posted by: story lines? | March 21, 2007 4:17 PM | Report abuse

Wow. This is a real lineup.

Posted by: rgib | March 21, 2007 4:34 PM | Report abuse

Oooh! I get to see a beardless Tim Redding on TV tonight. I can hardly contain myself.

Any word on today's cuts yet?

Posted by: misschatter | March 21, 2007 4:55 PM | Report abuse

Wow! it's my daughters birthday today as well. I can't wait to get home and brag that a certain NL shortstop shares her birthday as well as those other two fine, fine celebs. Well...maybe I should think about it first.

Ps...I see Sam's regular season blog campaign finally brought you to your knees Barry. Thanks!

Posted by: Eric | March 21, 2007 5:03 PM | Report abuse

Pick a storyline? How about the one where Stan Kasten has had my $6,600 since Christmas, opening day is 12 days away and I have yet to receive my tickets. Yeah, Stan runs a real tight ship over there.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2007 5:13 PM | Report abuse

Yeah, you read that right. $6,600 just to hold my place for next year's team.

Posted by: Anonymous | March 21, 2007 5:15 PM | Report abuse

MissChatter - They will be announced post-game as far as I know.

Posted by: Andrew Stebbins | March 21, 2007 5:30 PM | Report abuse

As it stands now, would it be safe to say these are going to be 13 position players on the Opening Day roster: Schneider, Flores, Fick, D. Young, Lopez, Zim, Guzman, Belliard, J. Wilson, Church, Logan, Kearns and Snelling. That's enough for a 7 man bullpen. Odd men out: T. Lee and Escobar?

Posted by: E. Capitol St. 9 | March 21, 2007 5:56 PM | Report abuse

I want to know how the Lerner's business culture and Kasten's 'Plan' converge to make for a healthy clubhouse and foster a winner on the field.

Posted by: Wigi | March 21, 2007 6:25 PM | Report abuse

R. Fick
D. Young
F. Lopez
C. Guzman
R. Zimmerman
R. Belliard
D. Jimenez (or actually J. Wilson)

R. Church