Nationals lineup

So Ronnie Belliard was examined yesterday and it was determined that he has some fluid in his inner ear which is what caused his dizziness the last couple days. Apparently, though, he's not dizzy enough to be out of the lineup. He's in there, as are the rest of the regulars. Here you go:

Logan -- 8
Lopez -- 6
Zimmerman -- 5
Young -- 3
Kearns -- 9
Pena -- 7
Belliard -- 4
Schneider -- 2
Redding -- 1

My understanding is that Barry Bonds is not playing tonight, though I haven't seen an official Giants lineup.

Thanks for the earlier discussion on the broadcast teams. I'll post more news on that later if I get any.

By Barry Svrluga  |  August 31, 2007; 3:29 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bonneville, Nats in negotiations -- and the future of radio
Next: Pregame bits and pieces

Comments

This is the only game of the series I'm going to. Speaking as a former resident of San Fransisco, and a former Giants fan, I couldn't care less that Barry* isn't playing. I'll admit to the fact that this wouldn't have been the case prior to him breaking the HR record. Is this an indication that he's already losing his relevance? He is for me.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 3:42 PM | Report abuse

BTW... welcome back to the lineup WMP! This is the guy I'm most excited to see tonight.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 3:43 PM | Report abuse

Do we know if Manny held a team meeting today?

Posted by: estuartj | August 31, 2007 3:53 PM | Report abuse

I know he wanted to. Any word in callups Mr. S?

Posted by: Andrew S. | August 31, 2007 4:05 PM | Report abuse

So since Pena's in the lineup, I guess his ankle's all better now?

Posted by: Juan-John | August 31, 2007 4:41 PM | Report abuse

Belliard careening around dizzy with fluid in his ear after a cross-country flight, fluid that generally takes weeks to re-absorb, and The Weapon hopping around like Tiny Tim. Should be interesting. MKevin, bring some Lourdes water.

Posted by: flynnie | August 31, 2007 4:50 PM | Report abuse

"The power of Christ compels you to win! The power of Christ compels FLop to field ground-balls cleanly!"

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

This topic keeps dissapearing for me.

Posted by: Andrew S. | August 31, 2007 6:24 PM | Report abuse

Live game updates on blackberry! Not much orange and black in the stands so far. One idiot next to me yelled "O" during the anthem. I gave him the stink eye.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:03 PM | Report abuse

Confirmed. No Barry*

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:07 PM | Report abuse

Small strikezone.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Michael picks WMP in the HR Giveaway. Too many pitches and too much drama but no runs bottom one. Let's go offense! BTW, the field looks better than it has in weeks.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:19 PM | Report abuse

Durham keeps clapping and shouting at runners on 2nd before pitches. Kinda like the ARod thing in Toronto. The Screech costume needs to be dry cleaned. Yuck! Timely hit by DY. This could end up like a low scoring football game with this guys strikezone tonight.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:30 PM | Report abuse

Here we go again. Ugh. This is gonna be a long game. 1 - 1. Redding is struggling.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:41 PM | Report abuse

That was ugly. Only a couple terrible ABs by Dave roberts and Ray Durham prevented it from being 5+. 3-1 bottom 2. We haven't been good from the lead in a while. Let's see how we play catch up.

Posted by: MKevin | August 31, 2007 7:47 PM | Report abuse