Chat at 2 p.m.

Wow, almost forgot. Please join Sheinin and me for a chat at 2 p.m.

We have much to discuss. Torrealba. Fogg. Dice-K. Etc.

By Barry Svrluga  |  October 15, 2007; 1:47 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: NLCS Game 3: Lineups
Next: Nats: Five who were designated are now free

Comments

Barry did not know that The Danny's Triple X ESPN succumb at sunset, so that we Washingtonians have no local ESPN to avoid the Fox TV coverage. But Chicago's ESPN 1000 AM comes in loud and clear - Thank you Hog Butcher of the world!

Posted by: flynnie | October 15, 2007 4:07 PM | Report abuse

funny ... I was driving home Saturday night listening to the Sox-Indians game on Triple-X ESPN Radio (730 AM, 94.3 FM) and didn't have any problems. This was about 9:00pm Saturday night.

One thing I've been wondering about in regards to the TV schedule ... if the NLCS had been Cubs/Phillies, what time would those games have started? They obviously wouldn't have started at 10:15pm, so would both the NLCS and ALCS been on at the same time, forcing viewers to choose which game to watch, or would one of the LCS been given a 4:30pm start time?

Posted by: e | October 15, 2007 4:15 PM | Report abuse

I'm feeling guilty that the comment numbers are so low. I'm still checking frequently, and hanging off every word, I just don't have a lot of discussion in me. Sorry Barry.

Posted by: NatsNut | October 15, 2007 4:25 PM | Report abuse

Missed the chat and had to read it after the fact, but here's my question:

How important is TV to baseball anyway? MLB set another attendance record again this year, and the sport's revenues continue to grow faster than GDP. Regular season games have migrated to local sports networks where they serve as a 3 hour infomercial to get you to come out to the ballpark, or you can watch your favorite team on PPV. The MLB business model is different from the NFL. NFL: TV/commercial revenue. MLB: fannies in seats revenue.
The solution to the late starts (which some on the west coast rightly deride as early starts) is to move all the coverage to cable. ESPN and TBS coverage is superior to FOX anyway, and one would presumably not have to listen to Buck.

Posted by: Sec 224 | October 15, 2007 4:38 PM | Report abuse

Baseball is still adapting to parity. Bud wants his legacy to be a chance for every team to win the World Series and I think he is close to achieving it (with the Yankees and the Red Sox being the last money dynasties that need to be killed off).

The media, however, have not caught up yet. They will.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 15, 2007 6:01 PM | Report abuse