Introducing Postseason Journal - and Sheinin

On the Acela headed to Philly (hasn't this happened before?), and wanted to give you an update on plans for coming weeks. The Journal staff and I were having our end-of-season meeting (at which each staff member gets an evaluation, and gets the chance to evaluate me as well (ouch)), and we thought the logical thing to do was not only to keep the Journal going through the postseason, but to expand its reach.

Thus, Journal readers, meet Dave Sheinin. Sheinin, this is the readership of Nationals Journal. Please welcome him.

Sheinin, our immensely talented national baseball scribe, will be all over these playoffs. You may have noticed his preview of the postseason splashed across the front of the $.35 edition. You may have noticed his capsules on each series inside. You may have noticed that he sometimes gets mistaken for Jon Kruk.

Now, you'll be able to read him here, too. His schedule is just as crazy as mine. He'll be in Boston today for Game 1 of Sox-Angels. He'll go to Cleveland tomorrow for Game 1 of Yanks-Tribe. He'll go back to Boston, then to New York, and so on and so forth. He'll do the ALCS, I'll do the NLCS.

Both of us will chat during the postseason as well. I have a chat at 1 p.m. today. It's billed as the final Nationals chat of the season (we'll have some in the offseason as well), but we can talk playoffs there as well.

So between us, Sheinin and I should be able to provide some decent dispatches in this space. And I'll make a deal with you - one I haven't told Sheinin about, but one I believe he'll agree with. We'll also let you know where we eat dinner in each city (on the rare nights where we have an afternoon game or an off day) and offer a bit of a review on the place. Given that we could each be in four different cities in the next week, that could provide some insight. (Starting in Philly tonight, by the way, given the Phils-Rockies 3 p.m. start.)

For now, check out all the stuff in the $.35 edition. And here's a story on Dmitri Young's award from yesterday. And in case you missed it, here's a Nationals notebook from two days ago with a bunch of stuff on instructional league and the Arizona Fall League, etc.

Enjoy the postseason. And let me know what you think of TBS. I thought they were a little shaky in the Padres-Rockies game the other night.

By Barry Svrluga  |  October 3, 2007; 10:06 AM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Dmitri Young: Comeback Player of the Year
Next: Game 1 Lineups: Phillies vs. Rockies

Comments

Verizon FiOS SUCKS...no TBS in HD on Fios.

Posted by: no HD | October 3, 2007 10:23 AM | Report abuse

I have an idea that might or might not work for the peanut gallery:

Each of you post for the game/series you're covering each day, so the peanuts out here who are following one series in particular can post regularly in that post.

Or, if you're not going to use that method, try to clarify where we should go to post on specific games in progress (with the staggered TV schedule, I guess it's ok to just keep posting to the most recent blog post, but...)

Re: TBS coverage. After 20 mins of searching for the Rox/Padres (my brother actually gave up looking for the game) I found TBS. (I've never watched TBS since I got the dish in March. Hmm.) I thought the team was flat, but ok. Mostly I was thrilled not to deal with the over-the-top FOX broadcasts with their 5 fan-shots in between EVERY pitch. I'm sure market research told them casual viewers prefer watching bored/ugly/hot/sleeping/dancing people in the seats rather than pitchers/batters/catchers scratch themselves between pitches, but I don't.

Well, except for the hot ones, I guess. ;-)

Posted by: ShawNatsFan | October 3, 2007 10:34 AM | Report abuse

From previous post: You said it, NatsNut!
----
Darnit, ya'll. I thought I'd finally get some stuff done now that the season is over. Do some laundry. Wash the dishes for once. Finish this stupid paper. But ya'll keep posting stuff and I'm still visiting this site just as often as before. Stop it. Stop being funny and stop thinking of more stuff to talk about. I gotta get productive here.

Posted by: NatsNut | October 2, 2007 10:33 PM

Posted by: ShawNatsFan | October 3, 2007 10:46 AM | Report abuse

Thanks ShawNatsFan.

Barry, I was JUST about to post in the last thread, "I wonder if Barry's allowed to do post-season stuff on the *Nationals* Journal?"

YAY!!! Glad to have you too Dave. Fire away. I'll do laundry next month.

Posted by: NatsNut | October 3, 2007 10:52 AM | Report abuse

So does Sheinin's wife also say "he's not as disgusting as he used to be"?

TBS sucks in general. Does anyone really want to watch 4 hours of Friends' reruns?

Posted by: dgc | October 3, 2007 10:53 AM | Report abuse

Other than the sense that the announcers first met an hour before game-time and Orsillo leaving his personality back in New England, it was a good broadcast. Miles better than FOX.

- No robots? Check.

- No talking baseball? Check.

- No random quick cuts to spectators praying or Jeter or the Jeter equivalent on the dugout rail? Check.

- Some sense in the camera work of the entire playing field rather than just a tight "pitcher's face, batter's face, here comes the pitch" dynamic? Check.

- Fewer annoying whooshes and sound effects? Check.

- No Joe Buck, pontificating when he's not seeming disinterested and better than the game itself? Check.

- No Tim McCarver, babbling about stupid crap? Check.

In other words, TBS gave its viewers baseball, rather than a production designed to make the viewers forget they were watching baseball. That's an improvement in my book.

Posted by: Henry Mateo Fan Club | October 3, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Dave!

Posted by: Angus | October 3, 2007 10:55 AM | Report abuse

Verizon FiOS SUCKS...no TBS in HD on Fios.

Posted by: no HD | October 3, 2007 10:23 AM

-------------

double check. but on the topic of the game the other night, it would have helped if the "Guide" actually said that baseball was on. I had no idea that the game was on TBS, and neither did our interactive tv guide. Nor did ESPN mention it was on TBS. So I spent the night listening to it on the radio cussing out every media outlet on the planet. Then went to sleep at the end of the 12th. So it wasn't a good night for me.

At least I won't have to see flaming ball radar guns that add 5mph to each pitch. I hate fox in all aspects. McCarver is an idiot.

Since I didn't get to see the game Monday, can someone fill me in on who is going the PBP for the games? Is it the old Braves booth or what?

Posted by: theraph | October 3, 2007 11:04 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Sheinin, I'm still wary of you because I think you might be a Nats hater due to your run-ins with Nats FO. But I still have an open mind, welcome to NJ!

Anything is better than Fox, so I guess by default TBS has been fine so far.

Posted by: G-town | October 3, 2007 11:08 AM | Report abuse

If you guys get a chance in Cleveland, you should check out Panini's. It's a bar and grille about a block from the jake. Huge sandwiches with just about everything you can imagine on them, good atmosphere as well. Welcome to Dave as well.

Posted by: NRCreager | October 3, 2007 11:23 AM | Report abuse

Welcome Dave, and mind the low snark ceiling.

TBS -- didn't watch, don't buy cable. But the Rockies radio team REALLY makes me appreciate Charlie and Dave. These Colo. guys sound so detached, it's like hearing Buddhist monks chanting sutras.

Shall we open the floor to playoff predictions?

Posted by: cevans | October 3, 2007 11:26 AM | Report abuse

I always thought Barry, when he referred to the "staff," was employing a construct similar to the royal "we." Is there really a staff? What do they do? Tech stuff? Research?

Posted by: SuicideSqueeze | October 3, 2007 11:27 AM | Report abuse

Welcome, Dave; thanks, Barry; congrats to Big D on his well-deserved award! All is temporarily right in Natsland and the Baseball Universe.

One whine: why can't the networks pick up these early-in-the-playoffs series for those of us who are satellite/cable deprived? Not enough interest or viewership? Whine.

Posted by: samantha7 | October 3, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

TBS broadcast put me to sleep - literally.

So are you covering Chicago this weekend? I'm desperately trying to get tix so I can go with my mom!

And welcome Sheinin!

Posted by: misschatter | October 3, 2007 11:29 AM | Report abuse

bba says:

2. Chris Marrero, of, Potomac
B-T: R-R Ht.: 6-3 Wt.: 210 Age: 19 Drafted: Nationals '06 (1)
After tearing up the South Atlantic League, Marrero made his CL debut before he turned 19. He hit .302/.375/.500 in July before running out of gas in August and having difficult making adjustments. As he wore down, he dropped his right shoulder and pulled off pitches, but several scouts give him a pass because he was so young for high Class A.

"The kid can hit," another scout from an AL club said. "He has a good approach with power to all fields and should continue to hit for average. The other tools are just OK, but it's the bat that's going to play."

Marrero doesn't run particularly well and will be limited to an outfield corner. He has average arm strength, which is better than the typical left fielder, and he may be able to handle right field.

AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG
255 40 66 11 3 9 35 32 63 0 0 .259 .338 .431

Posted by: longterm | October 3, 2007 11:34 AM | Report abuse

re: TBS

I wasn't thrilled either, but anything is better than FOX.

Posted by: Anonymous | October 3, 2007 11:37 AM | Report abuse

SuicideSqueeze, that's what I thought, too (or the editorial "we" in my case)

---

Posted by: SuicideSqueeze |

Posted by: natsfan1a Posted by: SuicideSqueeze | | October 3, 2007 11:38 AM | Report abuse

cevans, I don't have cable either. Did you listen to the game on Redskins Radio (92.7, 94.3 FM and 730 AM)? My understanding is that they will broadcast all postseason MLB games.

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 11:40 AM | Report abuse

Welcome, Dave. I like SNF's idea of parallel game threads (could be less confusing that way). Restaurant reviews are good, too.

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

I like the Red Sox play by play guy -- any chance he could replace Bob Carpenter on MASN? This is the kind of play by play announcer the Nats need -- he's not a blind dumb homer, but he clearly likes the team he is covering and discusses their flaws with from the point of view of a fan of the team that pays his paycheck. I'd like to hear Rem Dog with him on the TBS games.

Joe Simpson is the melba toast of baseball announcers. Aside from the play by play guy, it still feels like a local Braves telecast doing a national game though. Sort of like when the NHL moved to Versus.

I agree with the FOX comments above. Tim McCarver was overexposed 20 years ago. Joe Buck thinks he's clever and is not. Any network that thinks Eric Byrnes is 'on air talent' needs to conduct some self-examination.

Posted by: Ray | October 3, 2007 11:42 AM | Report abuse

you should try Jones restaurant on market st.

Posted by: davedee | October 3, 2007 11:43 AM | Report abuse

we know Dave. He filled in for you on NJ last year in Spring Training while you covered the >yawn< WBC.

Posted by: old friends | October 3, 2007 11:48 AM | Report abuse

Marrero is a first baseman. Put him there. Nick Johnson '06 will never return. He will be severely limited in the field and for power-hitting, but the awesome thing about him was his batter's eye, which will not go away.

This of course, makes him much more valuable in the American League as a DH, if you see where I'm going with this...

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

If you forgive their use of Pepsi products, Geno's is better than Pat's.

Posted by: cheesesteak | October 3, 2007 11:49 AM | Report abuse

marc fein
jose mota
ernie johnson, jr.
david aldridge
heather catlin
matt dagostino

Thats not a bad list, actually. Better than the other networks.

Notice that the two women are both featured on the "Hot Corner". Coincidence? I said no, then a double no after I saw the pics.

Posted by: theraph | October 3, 2007 11:54 AM | Report abuse

What better news could we have than (i) NJ will continue through the postseason (and, hopefully, the offseason) and (ii) we now will receive contributions from a second baseball writer? This is great. Welcome, Dave.

506, I'm on board with the Marrero-to-first switch (he's playing there in the instructional league this fall).

And, I believe that C Snark nearly closed the loop on the Five Tools of Snark towards the end of the prior post with the following:

"OK, 3 offensive (!) and 2 fielding (note NOT "defensive" because if you're getting defensive in a snark fight, you've lost)

Snark Average (SA) -- overall consistent quality. Extra points for developing a persona that enhances the snarks, a la Groucho. Extra points for intricacy, and especially the rare Nested Snark.

Snark for/to Power (SP) -- fearlessness in snarking at powerful people who have it coming. Could be just because they are better snarkers, not just armed and drunk. Context- and target-dependent. Note formula is (quality of snark) times (dangerousness of snarkee).

Speed Snarking (SS) -- the devastating ad-lib snark.

Counter-Snark (CS) -- the return to an incoming snark, serve-and-volley style.

Snarkskin (Sk) -- a thick skin and good balance, not easily provoked.

How's that?"

That's very good. I think I might favor Natsfan1a's "Comebacker Snark" to "counter-snark" but both are good for different reasons.

I'm looking forward to evaluating future snarks based on this new scale.

Posted by: Bob L. Head | October 3, 2007 12:06 PM | Report abuse

An overhead camera at the plate! The photos of Holliday's slide were from the pre-penicillin era! I cannot find an overhead shot anywhere, and thus Rockies' fans - the catcher stepped on his hand, you could see his foot move! - and Juan-John's "path of the dirt" arguments cannot be decided. We will never know the truth. This is unforgiveable.

Posted by: What Fox Has That TBS Does Not- | October 3, 2007 12:08 PM | Report abuse

Great to have Dave Shenin on board! He spoke at a SABR meeting way back when he was the Baltimore beat writer and he was extremely patient and kind with us baseball nerds!!!

The post-season is always fun, but the games are on way, way too late for anyone on the east coast to enjoy -- unless your favorite team is playing.

Also, I really, really, really hate to bring this up - but why bury the Dmitri Young Comeback Player of the Year Story in one column of page 5? Was it because it was announced so early in the day it was pretty much old news by the time people put their hands on the paper?

I'm not complaining, just asking. I don't want to bring up another round of griping about Nats coverage...it just seemed the story got less play than I expected. I didn't expect page 1 with the LDS's on deck, just a little better placement than it got.

Didn't the meat hook deserve a little more love?

Posted by: natswriter | October 3, 2007 12:27 PM | Report abuse

"We will never know the truth. This is unforgiveable."

No it's not, it's baseball. San Diego had 162 other games to lock up the wild card and couldn't get it done, I can't say I feel bad for them. Everyone's been screwed by a bad call far more than once or twice, it evens out. How many bad calls led to San Diego getting into a one game play-in in the first place?

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 12:29 PM | Report abuse

Welcome Dave. I'm very glad to hear that the postseason will be covered in such depth in this forum. All Love intended honestly, but I just don't know how much longer the finer points of snarking could have kept this forum going.

cevans opened the floor for post season predictions so here are mine:

ALDS

Yanks over Indians in 4 - Season series NYY 6-0

NYY Vs. CLE this season 2.67 ERA. CLE ERA 8.19.

CLE Vs NYY - Carmona 0-1, 14 hits, 6ER, 4.15 ERA over 2 starts. Borowski - 2/3 IP, 6ER, 2HR, 81.00 ERA

RedSox over Angels in 4 - Season series 6-4 Boston.

BOS Vs LAA - Beckett 2-1 1.38 ERA, Schilling 3-2 4.05 ERA, Papelbon 4IP, 2SV, 6K, 1 hit, 0.00 ERA.

LAA Vs BOS - Lackey 0-2 20 hits, 9ER, 8.38 ERA in 2 starts. Weaber 0-1 14 hits, 8ER, 6.97 ERA

NLDS

Rockies over Phillies in 5 - Season series COL 4-3

COL Vs PHI - Jeff Francis, 2 starts 0-1, 8.1 IP, 20 Hits, 14 ER, 15.12 ERA. Morales 1-0, 5.0 IP, 3 hits, BB, 4K, 0.00 ERA. Have not yet named a 3rd starter.

PHI vs COL - Hamels, DNP - Kendrick, 2 starts, 0-1, 9IP, 17 hits, 7ER, 7.00 ERA - Moyer, 0-1, 8 hits, 5ER, 7.94 ERA - Lohse 1 start (ND), 6IP, 7 hits, 3ER, 4.50 ERA

Cubs over DBacks in 5 - Season series ARI 4-2

No outstanding stats on either side. ERA was almost identical agains (2.94 CHC, 3.06 ARI) despite the fact that ARI never faced Zambrano, facing Sean Marshall 2 times instead. This one is tough but I'll go with the Cubs with Zambrano as the x-factor.

ALCS

RedSox over NYY in 6 - Season series NYY 10-8

ERAs against were equally bad (5.35 BOS, 5.38 NYY). Nothing really scientific in this pick. I just don't believe in the NYY pitching staff over a long series.

NLCS

Cubs over PHI in 7 - Season series PHI 4-3.

Lots of even numbers. ERA 5.75 CHC, 4.40 PHI. Again though, never faced Zambrano. I like the manager better in this match-up with Zambrano again the x-factor.

World Series

Boston over Chi Cubs in 6.

They didn't play each other this year. I think Boston is too much for the Cubs offensively and that they have much more depth in pitching. Plus... I just can't buy into the killing off of all 3 curses over a 4 year span.

Your 2007 World Champions - The Boston Red Sox.

Posted by: MKevin | October 3, 2007 12:39 PM | Report abuse

Re. predictions: have we learned nothing from my example?

Posted by: Buster Olney | October 3, 2007 12:42 PM | Report abuse

Predictions are fun. I predict Buster Olney will again prove he's the worst sports "expert" in the country next year!

I also have D'backs over Cubs, Phils over Rockies, Yanks over Cleveland, Angels over Sox.

World Series will be Angels over D'backs.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 1:05 PM | Report abuse

Buster, if you learned anything, it should be not to quote scouts who say outlandish things and/or speak of things outside their domain.

Point taken, "What FOX Has But TBS Does No.t"

Posted by: Henry Mateo Fan Club | October 3, 2007 1:06 PM | Report abuse

TBS v. Fox. TBS is simply much more professional. 150 Braves games per year since forever v. Saturdays since yesterday.

BTW, if either you or Sheinin is going to Chicago to cover the Cubbies...don't go to the "usual suspects" big name steak houses. Find a nice little hot dog joint (I might suggest Fluky's) and get a char Polish. Don't forget the nuclear waste green relish. Also, since you guys are writing about baseball, ask for a couple of extra sport peppers.

Posted by: Catcher50 | October 3, 2007 1:19 PM | Report abuse

Happy to have Dave back at the Journal! I agree with other posters - I guess productivity will just have to wait until...well, maybe never. Love that you will be doing restaurant reviews. You guys are great, thanks.

Posted by: Patty | October 3, 2007 1:26 PM | Report abuse

Thanks to Natsfan1a for the post about postseason games being broadcast on Redskins radio!

Posted by: samantha7 | October 3, 2007 1:31 PM | Report abuse

Welcome Dave. We'll try to be nice, but this blog is snark-infested.

Posted by: NatsFly | October 3, 2007 1:34 PM | Report abuse

ALCS:
Indians over Red Sox

NLCS:
Phillies over Cubs

WS:
Indians over Phillies.

Sorry to disappoint you but I clearly did not follow your lead in my prediction set. In fact the only "expert" on your home site to pick things the same way I did was John Shea (also the only one there to pick a NYY/BOS ALCS).

==========================

Re. predictions: have we learned nothing from my example?

Posted by: Buster Olney | October 3, 2007 12:42 PM

Posted by: MKevin | October 3, 2007 1:36 PM | Report abuse

Correction - the only one there to pick a BOS/NYY ALCS where Boston wins. Everyone there who picked the Yankees to advance to the WS had them beating the Sox in the ALCS.

"...(also the only one there to pick a NYY/BOS ALCS)."

Posted by: MKevin | October 3, 2007 01:36 PM

Posted by: MKevin | October 3, 2007 1:45 PM | Report abuse

Just got back from TBS HotCorner where having Alyssa Milana as guest correspondent makes for some interesting viewing. Not so sure about the blogging, but i'll give her a chance to communicate with her words instead of her ... [fill in the blank].

And, very good points made about the lack of overhead camera angles at the plate by TBS, What Fox Has That TBS Does Not...

Posted by: ShawNatsFan | October 3, 2007 1:51 PM | Report abuse

You really think we can get anything for Nick the Stick? I'd take most anything right now. Rauch + Nick = Ian Kennedy.

Posted by: longterm | October 3, 2007 1:56 PM | Report abuse

Actually, I was referring to my preseason predictions, which were incredibly lame.

---

Buster,

According to ESPN.com you have things playing out like so:

Posted by: Buster | October 3, 2007 2:24 PM | Report abuse

Good call, catcher. They should also have Chicago pizza (I'm partial to the deep dish, myself) and Italian beef sandwiches. Drooool...

---

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 2:26 PM | Report abuse

Dave:

"Says here, that's exactly what the Yankees will do. Yankees over Rockies in seven."

Awww, maaannnn... I do NOT want to see that matchup! The Rockies SWEPT the Yanks during regular season, and they'll find a way to do it again. You don't know how HARD I was rooting for the Padres during that one-off game....

Hoping for Yanks-Cubs,
Michael

Posted by: MikeH0714 | October 3, 2007 2:28 PM | Report abuse

"Rauch + Nick = Ian Kennedy"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted by: Brian Cashman | October 3, 2007 2:29 PM | Report abuse

no, MLB radio -- this was still technically a regular season game.
I don't do "the DC NFL team" anything. My great-great-grandmother insists.

-------
cevans, I don't have cable either. Did you listen to the game on R******s Radio (92.7, 94.3 FM and 730 AM)? My understanding is that they will broadcast all postseason MLB games.
Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 11:40 AM

Posted by: cevans | October 3, 2007 2:30 PM | Report abuse

Thanks BobL. I like "Comebacker" too, now that you mention it.
-------
I'm looking forward to evaluating future snarks based on this new scale.
Posted by: Bob L. Head | October 3, 2007 12:06 PM

Posted by: cevans (after removing) | October 3, 2007 2:32 PM | Report abuse

Like, say, a home run that gets miscalled into a double? Game never should have gone into extra innings to begin with.

-----------
Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 12:29 PM

Posted by: Joe Crawford | October 3, 2007 2:35 PM | Report abuse

Umm, MKevin, you appear to have the projected loser moving up.
---------------
Rockies over Phillies in 5 - Season series COL 4-3
....
NLCS
Cubs over PHI in 7 - Season series PHI 4-3.
....
Posted by: MKevin | October 3, 2007 12:39 PM

Posted by: cevansjr | October 3, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

how could anyone turn down an offer from the "Golden Boy" Bowden?

anyway. that puts joba right back at starter where they really want him and rauch as stud set up again. oh yea. and nick the stick!

What this really brings up in my mind is next years draft are we going for teenagers again or skipping forward to more college players a bit closer to the majors? that could start to bunch together the projected arrivals (for 2009!).

i may have to change my name soon. talk to me goose. talk to me.

Posted by: longterm | October 3, 2007 2:41 PM | Report abuse

Seriously, cevans, and we talk about the Indians and Braves as potentially offensive in baseball, but we've got nothing on Snyder's team! I've followed the football team all my life, but it doesn't take an out-of-towner to realize George Preston Marshall didn't change his Boston Braves team name to honor anyone...

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 2:43 PM | Report abuse

cevans, I'm not big into DC NFL, either (actually more of a closet 49ers fan due to my upbringing), but I happened upon the radio info.

---

no, MLB radio -- this was still technically a regular season game.
I don't do "the DC NFL team" anything. My great-great-grandmother insists.

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 2:43 PM | Report abuse

new post

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 2:45 PM | Report abuse

Ohhhh, don't get me started.
Wait, *I* got me started.
No, wait, natsfan1a got me started ...

-------------
Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | October 3, 2007 02:43 PM

Posted by: cevans (BMing) | October 3, 2007 2:48 PM | Report abuse

Sorry, I didn't mean to...

p.s. BMing? Or should I not ask??

---

Ohhhh, don't get me started.
Wait, *I* got me started.
No, wait, natsfan1a got me started ...

Posted by: natsfan1a | October 3, 2007 2:57 PM | Report abuse

Ooops... thanks! That's what I get for not using the preview button. Phils over Rocks in NLDS.

========================

Umm, MKevin, you appear to have the projected loser moving up.
---------------
Rockies over Phillies in 5 - Season series COL 4-3
....
NLCS
Cubs over PHI in 7 - Season series PHI 4-3.
....