Ballpark Fun!

Go here. Scroll back to 4:03 p.m. this afternoon. Look along the third base line. Zoom in.

That would be Ryan Zimmerman filming a promotional spot at Nationals Park this afternoon.

By Barry Svrluga  |  December 14, 2007; 5:19 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Check out the Nats' roster
Next: Former Nat Bennett: "It's accurate"

Comments

Must have been a short promo. He's gone by the next shot. Very cool, though. Also, they care enough about the dirt as this point in time that they raked it after the promo?

Posted by: Scott in Shaw | December 14, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

BARRY!!! Why do you do this to me?!

Call me an idealist but I really believe this on the divisional comparison:

Manager: Advantage, DC. By a ton.

Don't get me wrong, I realize the seam-head logic that play-by-play calls tend to be a wash. But as far as the attitude and atmosphere of the team, I predict that Manny can establish winningness in a way few managers that I've ever seen can. I really think that one day he'll change the way people think about managing.

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | December 14, 2007 5:26 PM | Report abuse

yeah, me too. was putting this together when he put up the new post...

===

if you compare the actual numbers, johnson comes out ahead of belliard. he was less consistent over the full season, but overall put up better numbers.

BA OBP SLG 2B 3B HR
.276 .375 .457 26 10 16 (Johnson)
.290 .332 .427 35 1 11 (Belliard)

belliard has 9 more doubles, but johnson has 9 more triples and 5 more HRs in about the same ABs (521 to 511). no reason to expect belliard to do any better, he was right about is career averages on all of that.

Posted by: 231 (other 506) | December 14, 2007 5:32 PM | Report abuse

if you look at the 3:49 shot, he's doing a promo in RF.

Posted by: 231 (other 506) | December 14, 2007 5:33 PM | Report abuse

Jeez, I feel like a photointerpreter for a classified spy agency... :-)

Posted by: Juan-John | December 14, 2007 5:46 PM | Report abuse

4:46 and they're mowing the yard.

Great post Barry.

Posted by: NatsNut | December 14, 2007 5:48 PM | Report abuse

Amazing how much more it looks like a real ballpark with a real ballplayer in it.

Having a hard time believing it was really 54 degrees this afternoon, though. (Yes, I know it'll be even colder this weekend.)

Posted by: Hendo | December 14, 2007 5:49 PM | Report abuse

Well done! Well done!

Posted by: Icaurs | December 14, 2007 5:55 PM | Report abuse

I can't wait to see this promo!

Posted by: Anonymous | December 14, 2007 5:58 PM | Report abuse

attaboy, Zimmy!

Posted by: natsfan1a | December 14, 2007 6:05 PM | Report abuse

Note that no Weapons of Mass Production were seen in left field.

---

Jeez, I feel like a photointerpreter for a classified spy agency... :-)

Posted by: natsfan1a | December 14, 2007 6:08 PM | Report abuse

Going back to Barry's projected roster, does anybody else find it depressing to contemplate the return of fitness maniac Ray King as our lefty specialist?

Posted by: CapPeterson | December 14, 2007 6:11 PM | Report abuse

Thanks for the tip, Barry!

5:24 pm: pulling out the tarp. :)

Posted by: JennX | December 14, 2007 6:51 PM | Report abuse

CapPeterson: depressed re Ray King? Pourquoi?

Posted by: JennX | December 14, 2007 6:52 PM | Report abuse

Davey Johnson would win an extra 10 games a season on savvy. Savvy?

"I realize the seam-head logic that play-by-play calls tend to be a wash."

Posted by: Section 506 (Before moving) | December 14, 2007 05:26 PM

Posted by: flynnie | December 14, 2007 7:32 PM | Report abuse

New Post

Posted by: flynnie | December 14, 2007 7:41 PM | Report abuse

So he's the first one to use the home locker room. Cool.

Posted by: CE | December 14, 2007 7:51 PM | Report abuse

I saw Zim at the capitols game last night, he was sitting next to a redskins player..good to see him in the community

Posted by: nattsrock | December 15, 2007 4:58 PM | Report abuse

JennX,

To me, King is the definition of mediocrity. He also sounded very self-satisfied (or defensive?) when analyzing his season for reporters last year. It's a shame we had to trade the young lefty (Jonathan ???) to get Clippard. Would have much preferred to keep the youngster.

CapPeterson