Live-blogging the opener

So it's chilly here at Roger Dean Stadium, and I'm working on a story and a notebook for tomorrow's $.35/$.50-edition, but I'm going to try to get you some updates midgame, if you're interested.

The irony: Charlie Slowes and Dave Jageler are here, but they're not broadcasting the game on 3WT. They will, however, do the games on Friday, Saturday, Monday and Tuesday (but not the split-squad games Sunday).

As for MASN's spring game schedule, I'm hearing it's going to be paltry. Nothing definite yet.

Bagpipes for the national anthem. We'll get going in a minute.

Marlins lineup:
Cameron Maybin -- CF
Alfredo Amezaga -- 2B
Mike Jacobs -- 1B
Josh Willingham -- LF
Luis Gonzalez -- DH
Jose Castillo -- 3B
Jai Miller -- RF
Robert Andino -- SS
Matt Treanor -- C

Scott Olsen -- P

By Barry Svrluga  |  February 27, 2008; 6:53 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Your Opening Night Grapefruit League lineup
Next: Top of the first

Comments

Thanks barry,

I expect my refresh button to be worn out by the end of the night.

Posted by: VT Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

Activate Share 1st Game Sequence. Activate. Activate.

Posted by: Reporter Remote Controller | February 27, 2008 6:58 PM | Report abuse

IF WE'RE INTERESTED???

heh, heh. you're funny.
__________
"...but I'm going to try to get you some updates midgame, if you're interested."

Posted by: NatsNut | February 27, 2008 7:00 PM | Report abuse

I'm so desperate for baseball I'm trying to follow the game on Miami's spanish channel.

Posted by: Paul in 105 | February 27, 2008 7:02 PM | Report abuse

>As for MASN's spring game schedule, I'm hearing it's going to be paltry.

Shameful!

Posted by: Paul | February 27, 2008 7:04 PM | Report abuse

Listening to the Marlins' Spanish station being streamed on MLB's gameday audio!

It's not ideal, but it's something, let's go Nats!

Posted by: VT Mikey | February 27, 2008 7:09 PM | Report abuse

Webcam Not Operational
Conference Call Not Operational
Live Blog Missed First Pitch
Activate.

Posted by: RRC | February 27, 2008 7:10 PM | Report abuse

Does Nick Johnson get an award for being out of baseball for almost a year and a half, and in his first game back, getting hit by a pitch? I mean. Dude.

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 7:28 PM | Report abuse