Third inning

Nats go 1-2-3 against Marlins reliever Kevin Gregg (Moeller, Guzman and Lopez), and Garrett Mock comes on in relief of Chico to start the third. Mock pitched well, a 1-2-3 inning in which he got Treanor to ground to third, Maybin to pop up to the infield and Amezaga to strike out.

Chico's final line: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K. Looks ok, till you consider: 32 pitches, 16 for strikes.

No score headed to the top of the fourth. Looks like Johnson has a bat in the dugout and will get a chance to actually see a pitch.

By Barry Svrluga  |  February 27, 2008; 7:52 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Bottom 2
Next: Top of Fourth

Comments

Hello NJ Gang! Now that actual baseball is being played I'm back! Sorry for ditching during the off-season but I was spending far too much time on the NJ and was getting dinged for it at work. I had to make a promise to myself to stop posting until the 1st pitch. I can't begin to describe how happy I am that baseball in any form is once again being played by our Nats. It's been a long cold winter. I'm so ready for April!

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 7:56 PM | Report abuse

C'mon Lastings

Posted by: Positively Half St. | February 27, 2008 7:57 PM | Report abuse

Mkevin-Truedat!!!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 7:58 PM | Report abuse

Youre the man barry!

youve gotta be kidding me with nick by the way... What are the odds of all of this in his first game back?

Posted by: VT Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 8:02 PM | Report abuse

Here's how hard core I am... I am listening to the game in spanish...

Posted by: Wigi | February 27, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

If I wasnt as hardcore, I would be call Bendejo!!

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 8:07 PM | Report abuse

The only thing more amazing than the fact that we are all sitting here reading these astonishing updates as they come in is the fact that the B-Man is posting them. As a fellow Post blogger, my hat is off to the great one.

Posted by: Fisher | February 27, 2008 8:08 PM | Report abuse

You are hardcore and successful. I couldn't make it work.

What's the latest?

Posted by: Positively Half St. | February 27, 2008 8:08 PM | Report abuse

Evidence of the devine intervetion (or sick twisted humor) of the baseball gods. The same way a late innings defensive replacement is immediately tested. The same way an infielder who makes an error leads off the next inning time after time.

You know Nick has been thinking the first pop to shallow right for the last 18 months. At least that 1st one is out of the way in the 2nd inning of the 1st pre-season game.

----------------------

Posted by: VT Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 08:02 PM

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

Barry,

Thanks for the updates, but more people probably read this blog than read the Made From Trees addition anyway!

Posted by: Daryl | February 27, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse