Top of Fourth

Milledge singles through the hole to left. Johnson actually gets to take some pitches, but he popped up to shallow center on a 1-2 pitch from someone named Logan Kensing. Milledge stole second, WMP was hit by a pitch, and Milledge stole third. (Think this lineup is a little different than at this time last year?)

Escobar hit a shallow sac fly to right that scored Milledge, and then Dukes absolutely scalded a ball to right-center. It was an easy double, but Pena was out at the plate 9-4-2 -- though it looked to me like he was safe.

Anyway, Nats up 1-0. Mock still in. That might be it for the updates, as I have to go down to the clubhouse to talk to the participants quite soon.

By Barry Svrluga  |  February 27, 2008; 8:05 PM ET

Save & Share:  Send E-mail   Facebook   Twitter   Digg   Yahoo Buzz   Del.icio.us   StumbleUpon   Technorati   Google Buzz   Previous: Third inning
Next: In the bottom of the sixth ...

Comments

I LOVE IT!

Posted by: VT Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 8:10 PM | Report abuse

I have a tear in my eye.

Posted by: JoNAThan | February 27, 2008 8:11 PM | Report abuse

put it on the booooaaaard....YES

Posted by: SC Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

This team even "reads" more exciting. I can't wait for Friday's broadcast. Charlie and Dave less than 48 hours away!

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

"I have a tear in my eye."

So does my six year old--but mostly cuz its time for her to go to bed. Parenting quandry--she is intrigued by Lastings' rap skills...and wants to hear his song! Thanks Lastings!

Posted by: JoNAThan | February 27, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

I can listen to the game in the background in English, but I have to work at it in spanish...

Posted by: Wigi | February 27, 2008 8:13 PM | Report abuse

WMP thrown out at the plate - looks like Tolman is back in mid-season form.

Thanks for doing these live updates - a breath of spring to melt the chill up here.

Posted by: Dogface | February 27, 2008 8:14 PM | Report abuse

Don't we have any spanish speakers in the group? I'm listening but all I can pick out are names, certain spanglish terms like "blah blah blah right field blah blah," and an idea of what's happening by the announcers tone of voice.

Posted by: JennX | February 27, 2008 8:15 PM | Report abuse

JennX: I get bits and pieces... that's it.

Posted by: Wigi | February 27, 2008 8:18 PM | Report abuse

I can understand bits and pieces of the Spanish as well, but my feed has been in and out. How did the Marlins score in the bottom of the 4th?

Posted by: Anonymous | February 27, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

JennX, laughing hard here. Cracks me up you all are trying desperately to listen to the game in a language you don't know. How baseball-whupped ARE we??

Posted by: NatsNut | February 27, 2008 8:19 PM | Report abuse

Barry,
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU!!!

Posted by: NatsNut | February 27, 2008 8:20 PM | Report abuse

Don't know exactly how but Nats.com boxscore has Luis Gonzalez with an RBI without a hit. SacFly?

How did the Marlins score in the bottom of the 4th?

Posted by: | February 27, 2008 08:19 PM

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 8:26 PM | Report abuse

NatsNut: I know... I feel ridiculous. Irrational exuberance at the first whiff of baseball. :D

Posted by: JennX | February 27, 2008 8:27 PM | Report abuse

Not a SF as that would be inbox score. See Escobar's entry. Unearned Run because of Milledge error?

Posted by: Missing Key Pieces | February 27, 2008 8:30 PM | Report abuse

That error doesn't count against Manny's goal, but beware Mets fans ready to gloat!

Posted by: Positively Half St. | February 27, 2008 8:32 PM | Report abuse

Way to go, Rob Bell, whoever you are!

Posted by: Positively Half St. | February 27, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

Nice detective work. I saw the error but didn't see the Escobar entry. Didn't pay close enough attention to see exactly when the error occured.

-------

Posted by: Missing Key Pieces | February 27, 2008 08:30 PM

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 8:33 PM | Report abuse

yeah, the error, because it's not earned

Posted by: sarah | February 27, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

I guess Milledge is up next

Posted by: Positively Half St. | February 27, 2008 8:34 PM | Report abuse

Right, it's an unearned run. Jacobs must have reached on Milledge's error, then gone to third on Willingham's single, and then scored on an FC.

Posted by: Missing Key Pieces | February 27, 2008 08:30 PM

Posted by: LANats | February 27, 2008 8:36 PM | Report abuse

Jacobs got a hit. He struck out to end first. Must have taken thirdon Willingham's single. Gonz's FC scores the Unearned Run.

Barry, We're blind out here!

Posted by: Starting to Make Sense | February 27, 2008 8:39 PM | Report abuse

Alright, I'm stumped then.

Posted by: LANats | February 27, 2008 8:45 PM | Report abuse

Try the live (and allegedly refreshing) box score at this link:

Posted by: Hendo | February 27, 2008 8:47 PM | Report abuse

WTG WMP!

Posted by: MKevin | February 27, 2008 8:48 PM | Report abuse

But wouldn't that be an earned run?

Posted by: Starting to Make Sense | February 27, 2008

Posted by: LANats | February 27, 2008 8:53 PM | Report abuse

We all must need help...lol. But, I love it. Come on friday.

Posted by: SC Nats Fan | February 27, 2008 8:54 PM | Report abuse